rev footholds in sxr

here are the pics of the glass......wow that was harder than i thought and even with a mask i feel a little high.....i dont think its to pretty but with sanding and turf should be ok...tw i will have my buddy with me should i do it in for sections? use heat? any tips would be appreciated

Attachments

• noname12.jpg
    noname12.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 50
  • noname13.jpg
    noname13.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 53
its hard to tell, from the pic, if you used a biaxial cloth between the footholds and across the tray or not, but id strongly recommend it, before you turf, if you didnt.

chopped mat isnt strong enough to support the corners you cut out.

nice job too!

whats biaxial...i actuaslly used 2 diff kinds......one was solid like regular cloth the other was stringy and tore real easily

yeah thats the stuff i used between....lots of sanding now cause i made wrinkles.looking good though btw what type of glue should i use for turf...contact cement?

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Make sure the glue is "Completely" dry before you put it on. It shouldn't look wet at all. Use two layers of glue. A heat gun will also do wonders. The turf will stretch really well when hot. This way you can use one piece on each side. Are you using the stock rail caps??? If so, it will be really easy to turf.

When you are done, hit the turf with a rubber mallet everywhere. You here it pop into place, knocking out all the air bubbles. :woot:

Weldwood contact cement from Lowes. It is in a red can and make sure to get the gel. There is also an original which surfrider says to use. I can't speak for the original. The gel works great it is holding my turf job really well.

Last edited:
I hit my turf with a mallet before putting it on. It made it a little more flexible for getting it into the foothold area.

hitting turf with a mallet will make it more flexible? thats news to me. are you sure youre not thinking of tenderizing a slab of beef?

:haha:

heat makes the turf flexible. a heatgun, hairdryer or the sun will work. i never heard of a mallet doing that though. :dunno:

Y

yamaslut

hitting turf with a mallet will make it more flexible? thats news to me. are you sure youre not thinking of tenderizing a slab of beef?

:haha:

heat makes the turf flexible. a heatgun, hairdryer or the sun will work. i never heard of a mallet doing that though. :dunno:

I think he's confused.... rubber mallet is for getting the two parts two stick together because it's pressure sensitive.... the hrder you stick it the better it will stay... werd

well turfed it and it looks horrible........what a biatch......seriously ashamed of how it came out so i will try agin in a month or so but this should do till then......damn that was hard......i think the foothold were too curved to match the turf too and making the rail caps was very difficult oh well its functional.....

Top Bottom