Rickter Fs-1 build

So does it weigh about 115 lbs now? I agree, you think the inside would be better. How is the quality?

ATS aaron weighed it and i cant remember the exact number but when I talk to him next I'll post it. Its no lightweight but it seems sturdy.

IMO, The quality is about average to a little above, The outside appearance is nice and already being painted and turfed is a big plus. Overall it doesnt appear to be as nice as the trinity and superfreak hulls, but again its a glass version and Ive only seen their carbon versions. I didnt really look over the rickter carbon versions because I knew I wasnt gonna spend 10k on a hull. The inside is sprayed with gray primer, cheesy. The mats look nice with the multicolor but have minimal underpadding, Im debating whether or not to returf it with hydroturf.

I like the hull, its got some really cool features and breaks away from the traditional superjet hulls. Im not sure I'd buy one at the full retail price but this one was priced very well. I'm sure it will be a nice fun ski when its together.

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
Finally every one agrees with me ....

I told you tom ... you suck !

the wheels look great on the trailer, looks like they will match your truck .

I ll see you monday with my tools ff

Polish jet pilot

4aces4aces4aces4aces4aces
First of all congrats on a new buy! I read the article on R&D page and wonder from where you are sourcing this cylinder that gets such good reviews. I really like the idea of stock stroke...

Chad came by and laid up the red/black kevlar stuff. I just love the way it looks. It didnt need any reinforcing it just looked plain with the grey primer inside. The bulkhead is just rattle canned black.

Attachments

• rickter 228.jpg
    rickter 228.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 76
  • rrpinside 008.jpg
    rrpinside 008.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 197

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
apparently, rick roy was doing it with a 1000cc polaris motor

Actually there bigger boats, they attached tubes to the inner hood liner, and were also using air coming in the back of the hood as well (kind of like an aftermarket SJ hood.

I'm going to stick with just the handlepole breather on mine for now... my 850 ran GREAT... didn't seem to be a lack of air.

The inside looks awesome! Even gray primer it looked awesome! You should see how the inside of mine came... yikes. Looks like ASS!!!

whoops, didnt notice that on his boats. It would be ez to add the tubes, I bet the pole tubes will be ok for my motor though

Prolly my only complaints so far was the engine compartment appearance and lack of HIN's

Thanks Roo, your engine compartment wasnt even primered? did you get hin's?

Last edited:

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
whoops, didnt notice that on his boats. It would be ez to add the tubes, I bet the pole tubes will be ok for my motor though

Prolly my only complaints so far was the engine compartment appearance and lack of HIN's

Thanks Roo, your engine compartment wasnt even primered? did you get hin's?

You'll be fine with the motor you are running for air flow.

My engine bay came painted all red, but was reinforced with carbon/kevler... not a pretty sight at all. No HIN's...

My FS-1 is a 1994 Kawasaki 750 :theyareontome:

You'll see if I can come with up a mild/stock drivetrain to throw in it for Daytona.

Also, remember the price you paid for yours!!! ha Yours is a second gen, mine is a first... and I paid probably $2k more :17: Sucks for what I got...

I wonder why primer? Even white rattle can would look 10 times better.

Aaron

Tru dat!

I imagined the primer would really soak up grease and lake stains quickly. Plus I really wanted to make this one look pretty on the inside, at least for the first ride

It's looks VERY pretty!!! I dig it - nicely done.

you could always put a layer of pretty cloth over it all while your waiting on your 1000cc. When is that coming anyway? Stop through kansas on your way to daytona, chad can be talked into laying more cloth

I have to glue in the pump shoe tomorrow, and i agree, it should come with a pump shoe.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
you could always put a layer of pretty cloth over it all while your waiting on your 1000cc. When is that coming anyway? Stop through kansas on your way to daytona, chad can be talked into laying more cloth

I have to glue in the pump shoe tomorrow, and i agree, it should come with a pump shoe.

I have some carbon left... I may cover the nasty parts that are exposed. Motivation lacks this time of year. After seeing yours, I really should!

Going to see if I can workout picking up the 1000 package in Daytona. It crossed my mind to bring my hull down and install it all there, but I don't want to run all the new goodies in the surf / salt water.

Working on bumming a stock/mild drive train for Daytona.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Just looked at a map (because I am geographically challenged)... Kansas is WAY out of the way cruizing from Michigan to Florida!

Top Bottom