Rickter Fs-1 build

Got to ride it today! It is an awesome ski, It is very stable, much more than a superjet (I cant even ride a superjet anymore). Its stable but when you look down on it, it definatley looks smaller, very nimble, if you lean it over to where the bondrails dip in the water, it'll carve too. It does not ride nose high. I only have a few minutes on it, but I like it alot. I need to do a few changes and then try to run a couple tanks through it tomorrow. I like the footholds, just need to adjust them and pole where it fits me better. I still have to make a chinpad and work on the trim nozzle, but the ski is really close to being done. This weekend is supposed to be nice weather, so I hope to get it tuned to perfection before the cold weather hits.

Attachments

• IMG_3409.jpg
    IMG_3409.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3410.jpg
    IMG_3410.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3408.jpg
    IMG_3408.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3411.jpg
    IMG_3411.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
I got a chance to ride this boat Sunday while Tom was tuning .....
that is such a fun boat , feels real light and very solid at the same time.
plus its just cool looking .

Attachments

• handlepole.jpg
    handlepole.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 103
Does the cut-away on the top of the nozzle make a big difference?

I noticed it on the ski I had it on before because it tilted so much it really pinched off the water flow. I wondered why my ski cavitated, and two of my friends skis didnt. Both of there nozzles had the cutouts, one was a bun nozzle the other a skat trak. Btw the skat trak nozzle needs tons and tons of work to get functional, not a good deal at all for the money

nice work tom (like always!)

How does it compare to your EME? which one do you like better?

Thanks for the compliments, I'd love to build a ski sometime to the caliber that you do. The polishing, anodizing, powder coating and color cordinations always makes the most impressive builds. I just get to impatient and always want them on the water immediately.

The eme is still my favorite. Nothing beats the rush of that motor.

Attachments

• rrpfinals 034.jpg
    rrpfinals 034.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 108
  • rrpfinals 040.jpg
    rrpfinals 040.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I burned almost two tanks since building it, I havent tried any tricks at all, just fine tuning and adjusting things (just layed up a chin pad today). I think I have a timing issue, still trying to get it to run perfect. I need to put a light on it, but i dont have any of those msd coupler stickers yet.

Things I like (all these of course are my opinion):

Ski is very nimble and stable, in the choppy water it is as comfortable as the bigger hulls. Its very nice for chop because it doesnt sub the nose as easily as sjs, especially when going back with the waves. The tilted up nose sure helps for loading the pump in our wind chop waves, I can get it into a narrow wave instead of bridging over it.
It was relatively ez to put together, no painting and turfing was a huge plus. Only modified two sj parts to make it all fit. For a smaller shorter hull, it doesnt ride nose high. It carves too. Very fun hull, I prefer it much more than a superjet. The hood fits awesome, nice and tight and the corner build ups will help keep it on. It came with a cover and a nice ride plate. I like the way the foot holds secure my feet. And the appearance of it is striking.

Things I don't like: The lack of front bumper keeps a constant spray of water in your face in the choppier water. Cables are stretched to the limit inside the hull. I didnt like the engine compartment appearance or the lack of HIN's. Tray padding was less than i prefer and while I like the foot holds function, they are really in the way if you ride out of them. Although it doesnt feel heavy, it really should be a little lighter for the money they cost.

Looks like the weather's going to hold out for a few more days I hope to get some more fuel through it and get all the bugs worked out. I dont want to wrench at all in daytona.

Last edited:
Awesome build congrats hope you get to ride it till ur arms hurt lol when you compare the hulls eme vs fs1 is there a huge difference in handling and how sick is the eme motor???:love:

Top Bottom