Riders getting old?

SterlingSilva

-----------------
28 here... first memories of a standup were riding in the tray of an uncles 550 prob 20 years ago. been riding couches for ten years now and got my first standup a year ago... love it and look forward to many years and custom skis to come

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
47 here.

Been riding stand-ups since the 80's, as has my wife.

Went to a few "Hot Water Tour" events in Daytona....(if you remember those, then you're old too!)

Never realized the freestyle things that were going on thru the years. Big-Straight-jumpin'-air was all I cared about.

Then somebody told me about the X.

You bastards cost me a bunch of money! lol.

I'll roll and flip this year. But you all made me do it!!!!

(thank you)

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
I thought the thread was about older riders?

I'm one for sure!

Youth has no real advantage in this. Stay flexible, keep your balls, and a kid has no advantage over the old dog.

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
I thought the thread was about older riders?

I'm one for sure!

Youth has no real advantage in this. Stay flexible, keep your balls, and a kid has no advantage over the old dog.

Yep..I got 10 yrs on you...Kid. Keep up with the "old dogs". I'm glad we can all bust balls about riding! (It's all good).

Old age and Treachery still has the winning advantage! I turn 45 this year, and my Xscream SS865 just showed in the mail today!!!! (Old enough to afford it too.)

Last edited:

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Maybe this isn't the right place to say this....but....

I've seen a lot of guys retire after a lifetime of work. I've seen 50% of them die within a year.
I'm not saying that you will die if you retire, but if you stop moving, if you stop doing what keeps you alive.....
if you park your arse in front of the T.V. ....then this is your future.

I'll expire before I retire, so it's a no-brainer for me, but .....

Ask augustof! This passion can go well into your retirement years!

Im 42. Bought a couple sitdowns when I first moved to Vegas to beat the heat on the lake. Tried my first stand two years ago and was hooked. Since then I have been lucky enough to ride all over Lake Mead, Lake Powell, Lake Havasu, Colorado River, San Diego and Pismo. I still regularly and this is the first time I have rode year round since April of last year. I even got my first closed course buoy race under my belt. Gonna ride long as I can and even got my son riding his Super Jet (he started at 10 on the old 650). Good times!

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
ouch! Jersey dude slammin' a Philly bud!

Yep..I got 10 yrs on you...Kid. Keep up with the "old dogs". I'm glad we can all bust balls about riding! (It's all good).

All good!
If you've got 10 years on me, then I've got a little more time to save up for some x-scream power!

In reality, it's hard for me to imagine young kids being able to afford the kind of stuff that is now "state of the art". I know I can't.

But...ride your arse of you old fart!

kawishaul

I bleed GREEN!
I'm 21. I started my x-2 over 21 years ago. Started before I was born, mom and dad had the right idea. I guess that explains the engine sounds in my head.

Flash-FX

No Square..No Round..FX-1
All good!
If you've got 10 years on me, then I've got a little more time to save up for some x-scream power!

In reality, it's hard for me to imagine young kids being able to afford the kind of stuff that is now "state of the art". I know I can't.

But...ride your arse of you old fart!

LOL...Get the "power"....you need it! And thanks, I will.... (ride my arse off)

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
In reply to post #57...I can relate!

I too, was not born of a human mother!

I was puked out of a cavitating Mag-pump, with my fuel line attatched to my abdomin until some "passer-by" detatched me.

I washed up on a beach inhabited by only by lesbians. This is were I learned to deal with frustration. So, although the backflip has eluded me so far, I'll not be frustrated...I will continue on in persuit of flippiness!

Last edited:
Top Bottom