Riders getting old?

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
I'm 43, my riding buddies are 50, 45+, 26, and a couple others in their 20's.
I think deep down inside most of us are just show offs, and we ride because it is fun to be able to do something out of the ordinary.
It isn't as dangerous as many other stunting activities.
I also like that (at my level) it is relatively inexpensive when compared to other power sports.
Another cool thing is that skis aren't too complicated or unwieldy to work on at home.

I am 33 and my little cousin got me into it when he was 13 and I was 27. Its has brought us closer together and its an obsession for both of us now....we have a nice little comp going he rides an rnSJ and I ride an SXR.......

Tadpole1975

The clown has no penis!
35 next month. Started riding four or five years ago and bought my first sj in 08. I can honestly say its the most enjoyable thing I've done (without my wife).

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
I was born in 1963 and died in 1995.
c431c27a555841ff20a7dea259acaa7d_e3102807042323.gif

Nascency Chris

The Nascency Project
31....I got into standups because of a few persistent individuals on PWCToday back in the day that told me to "Get a Superjet". I don't see an end in sight for me.

holy crap it actually works?!?!?!?

In reply to post #57...I can relate!

I too, was not born of a human mother!

I was puked out of a cavitating Mag-pump, with my fuel line attatched to my abdomin until some "passer-by" detatched me.

I washed up on a beach inhabited by only by lesbians. This is were I learned to deal with frustration. So, although the backflip has eluded me so far, I'll not be frustrated...I will continue on in persuit of flippiness!

this may be the funniest post in this thread!

I was born in 1963 and died in 1995.
c431c27a555841ff20a7dea259acaa7d_e3102807042323.gif

I poured a little bit out for you homey...

I'm 40. First started on a friends JS300 in about '89. Bought a 650SX in '91 and rode that for 6+ years. Been out of the sport for 12 years and just bought an '08 RN. :wiggle:

Last edited:

kawishaul

I bleed GREEN!
One of the best things we can all do is take the younger generations out riding. I don't have kids (I''m in college) but, kids on the water is a lot better than sitting inside playing xbox or playstation. My parents always made sure I was doing something outside. Dad usual had me wrenching or I was trying to help.

KR

www.krlines.com
One of the best things we can all do is take the younger generations out riding. I don't have kids (I''m in college) but, kids on the water is a lot better than sitting inside playing xbox or playstation. My parents always made sure I was doing something outside. Dad usual had me wrenching or I was trying to help.

When my dad tells me how much he hates me working on jet skis I always tell him; "Dad, would you rather have me be a homo and do drugs? Or would you rather have me work on jet skis? Thats what I thought....Thanks for the $20 dad!"

Bought my first 550 and raced in 89. I still suk as a racer but I still have fun, just don't heal as fast. 46, I could still do the spilts, I think like I'm 21 but don't know how I'm supposed to feel at this age because I've never been this old before.

Last edited:

JustinB

Proof I has a brain \l/
I am 27 and have been riding skis since I was 12; the first standup I ever rode was the JS300 I bought with my high school graduation money. Then I built a JS440 the following year, then got my first SJ. Then came the B1, then more SJs :)

I live in an area with three large lakes, and I have only ever seen about 3 other standups EVER around here. And I think I probably have the only B1 in the area too.

Top Bottom