Riding at night

ctatv

2strokes forever
51811F53EYL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
The movie is hard rain, with morgan freeman and washed up christian slater...

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
Its a pretty cool movie really. It was on about a month ago and I watched a little of it. It would be awsome to ride through a town, I always wished I could ride to the convenience store on my SuperJet (its near the water).

ctatv

2strokes forever
Its a pretty cool movie really. It was on about a month ago and I watched a little of it. It would be awsome to ride through a town, I always wished I could ride to the convenience store on my SuperJet (its near the water).

haha yeah if we ever had a flood id be out on the jetboat crusing around town:lmao:

you can put lights on a PWC and run it at night. It is classified as a boat.

You better read up and find where they have to be if you don't know.
Better check your state laws. I thought the same thing until I saw that there was an extra section in AR boating laws specifically for PWC's and it clearly states that you have to be off the water a half hour after sunset.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
At the SFF last year, I had to get across the lake at midnight to get back to my camp.

I shot across the water at about 11:45 and, although painfully illegal, I hate to say it was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! Flat water, a chill in the air, pitch black, dammit it was great.

I wouldn't recommend doing it but I really enjoyed my trip.

subseawellhead

Cherry Bomb Jackazz
I am ashamed to say I taught my kids to ride at nite in the lights of the houseboat while crossing the bay,recently I rode to the camp after dark on wifes GPR1200, with icechest, small generator, small bag and SKS. Verry Skerry

On a side note I kinda figured everyone would go with the standard "don't do it, it's dangerous/illegal" glad to see I wasn't the only one that had considered/done it.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
you can put lights on a PWC and run it at night. It is classified as a boat.

You better read up and find where they have to be if you don't know.

Not true for all states, in quite a few states pwc are classified further with extra restrictions. Kentucky and Hawaii for sure since I've lived in both. In Hawaii they are called 'thrillcraft' and the regulations are nuts.

The Penguin

triple secret probation
In TX, you can't put lights on PWC and use it at night. Our boating laws have that specific item in them.

But something like a JetMate or Jet-n-spray should be legal since they came from the factory with lights.

Emm

skank
I plan on having a midnight ride tonight.....but it's a private lake so the only thing I am worried about is the gator :doh:

Top Bottom