Other Ripoff alert two superjets stolen from my house in laughlin nevada last nite..help

Status
Not open for further replies.
U r pretty fortunate to get them back, nice to see ur taking the kid out boating
I have had one ski, one 800 grizzly,a wr 450 and 250. I only had insurance on the quad and a little bit on the ski . I got the 250 back...
Glad to see it ended well for u

If the kid was not involved in the theft I am thinking about giving him a square nose. I just gotta make sure I figure s*** out before I reward him more.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

U r pretty fortunate to get them back, nice to see ur taking the kid out boating
I have had one ski, one 800 grizzly,a wr 450 and 250. I only had insurance on the quad and a little bit on the ski . I got the 250 back...
Glad to see it ended well for u

Sorry for ur loss man.

JamesG

Site Supporter
Try to get the thieves' names without involving the good guy. That's what I would do. Ask the kid to give you all the thief's info and just tell the detectives you got it anonymously.

Those kids will just steal again.

b.lee

Team Cheeseburger
Ya I wouldn't worry about the good kid, he is most likely involved and is covering his ass.
Now he doesn't want you to tell the correct story (the truth) because he's gonna get F'd. Oh well, shouldn't be helping thieves... he has to learn it the hard way or he will never learn

High Speed Industries

Your one stop shop for quality parts @highspeedind
Good to hear that you got your skis back. I'd press charges on the thieves, hopefully that will teach them a lesson. Keep the good kid out of it, let his friends go to jail. If he keeps hanging around people like that he will eventually start stealing and what not. It will show the good kid that he needs to stay good. Help keep the punks off the streets. I'd also try to leave the shop out of it. I doubt they had anything to do with the skis.

So how much damage did they cause to your ski from running it on 91 octane? Hopefully you can get it all fixed soon.

I'll shoot you a pm next time I'm in your area, it's always cool to meet new people to ride with.

Later today I'm going to pull the ski apart and see if its a blown o ring or if thrtr is damage to the cylinder
Call me anytime

Seems to me the "good guy" was indeed a "bad guy". I think he got caught with the ski in his possession and managed to play it cool and fool you into believing he had nothing to do with it. If he indeed did nothing wrong he wouldn't be getting "cold feet" and trying to withhold names. As some of the other guys said, let the cops figure out who is a crook and who isn't. Press charges and let the justice system take it from here. It's hardly a perfect system, but it's the best option in this case.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Glad you got your skis back. Thats the important part.

Its kind of a strange story though. I wonder how much the good kid, and the shop was actually involved. The whole reason you went to that part of town is because somebody tipped you that they saw some skis going into a shop in the middle of the night. Thats strange.

Not sure I fully understand the beginning of the story. A friend saw your ski's go into the shop where the kid worked late at night and he said he has nothing to do with it. Unless I'm wrong in my understanding in the end he did the right thing but he's is part of the reason your stuff got taken let him fry get your 500 back and let the judge decide if he will go light on him for doing the right thing that's what he gets paid for. Also he knew the skis were stolen before you talked to him. I bet his friends flip on him as he did them.

Last edited:

djraider700

lol wut?
Tell the police the truth. Don't change the story to cover anyone's ass. If it goes to court, and the "bad guys" lawyer determines that you altered the story in any way, he could use it to keep these criminals out of jail.

I know you might think the "good guy" helped you out but he may very well be involved in the theft. All that is to be determined by the justice system now. Stick to the truth and maintain a rock solid case against these guys.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Unfortunately, any semblance of this story making sense is ruined by the poor spelling and grammar plus auto-corrects. I hate to say it (because it's usually a dick move), but here this really does ruin the story.

OP, I'm glad you got your stuff back.

you guys place far too much trust in this so called justice system..ive tried it...it failed me, on more than one occasion.."caught in the act" by the police force is the only 100% case everything else becomes he said she said.. im so f'ing jaded to the "justice system" after my past experiences that its hit first ask questions after..you want to rip me off then all i can do is quote dirty harry "go ahead punk....make my day"

as a back story to my anger and mistrust in the justice system..back in 89' im ridding a honda cbr, doing some tuning and riding with a friend, the carbs arent synched and its running like crap, at an intersection i pull over, step off, turn my back to talk to my buddy about going home as the bike is barely running, he starts yelling and pointing behind me, this guy has jumped on my bike trying to steal it right in front of my eyes, to his misfortune the thing stalls, i take two strides and head butt him in the face while wearing my full face..breaks his jaw, knocks him out, police/ambulance are called and I end up being charged for assault.
so officer what exactly was i suppose to do while beingbike-jacked...in complete sriousness he said "let him ride off call us with your license and registration and let police find/return your bike....ya right if that dude had made off with it she would've been parted out within the hour.
since then i now understand all those "protected by smith & wesson" stickers.

ultimately im glad you got your skiis back and after reading your tale..i concur,its confusing to no end lol.
tell the cops the truth and let them all hang, if the kid is truly innocent he has nothing to worry about..if not..he'll get what he deserves if not from the cops or you..then from his own crew.

put this behind you, get on your ski and go ride, that always makes a guy smile

Last edited:
don't change the story...tell them the story that you know 100% the truth in

sounds to me like the "good guy" is covering his ass and playing dumb...read what you posted about how destroyed you were when they were stolen...stick with that thought and imagine you never got them back but found out who stole them...fry em

The typos are from being in a rush.i typed on my smartphone as events unfolded.
Raw and live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom