Roll Call for IFWA Surf Slam in Oregon

SkiNaked

Stand up or Shut up!
Great day. I got out for a little bit between competition sets. Waves were ruthless. Waves were nice in the morning but small. Then in turned into a washing machine up front with big stuff in the back. 12-15 foot waves. Problem was the Pros were done when it got bit. Most of the Amateurs did not get back to the clean stuff. Then the tide came in and washed the entire beach out. Hung with tons of great people. Great to meat most everybody finally.

SkiNaked

Stand up or Shut up!
Char-E,
Met Matt. Great guy. Spent some time with him throughout the day and at dinner. He is having a great time. Pulled some great back flips today. Don't worry. Us redheads are sticking together.
Chris

SkiNaked

Stand up or Shut up!
Good day. Matt's ski took a crap in the Comp. Looks like a rebuild over the winter. Which sucks for him. But some huge surf and Darin Anderson, Pier Maxent and a few others went Huge!!!! Looking forward to the finals tomorrow.

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
Great day. I got out for a little bit between competition sets. Waves were ruthless. Waves were nice in the morning but small. Then in turned into a washing machine up front with big stuff in the back. 12-15 foot waves. Problem was the Pros were done when it got bit. Most of the Amateurs did not get back to the clean stuff. Then the tide came in and washed the entire beach out. Hung with tons of great people. Great to meat most everybody finally.
It wasn't the tide. It was the biggest sneaker wave anyone remembers. I was talking to Shoughrider right at the waters edge. Saw it coming and ran up the beach. Had a couple SJs knock me down and one sucker punched my right calf. I'm limping less today. My cell phone is toast.

SkiNaked

Stand up or Shut up!
Those sneakers are a biatch. Glad you are ok. See you at the Nestucca Lodge tonight? We are doing Mexican again about 6 then over to the lodge for drinks. You should come out. It will be fun and there will be single toothless local girls for all.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Surf was off the hook yesterday and today. The very far backset probably had 20ft faces, and the near-shore stuff was a huge washing machine.
The riders did the best they could, there was some good stuff to be seen. However, quite a few got rolled a few times by whitewater and had to swim or get towed in. Seems inevitable in those conditions.
The competition got shut down early yesterday and today, due to conditions.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I have gigabytes of photos to upload, but I have a real spotty and slow Internet connection. Besides, I need to sort through them, decide what to keep, and post-process them.

sicki

Ride hard, put away wet!
I have gigabytes of photos to upload, but I have a real spotty and slow Internet connection. Besides, I need to sort through them, decide what to keep, and post-process them.

lol....does that mean it might be a bit?

Motorheads5

Livin the generation gap
Good to see all of you we really had a great time thank's I e-mailed Crab the video of Addict on the Crab boat he will have to post it LMAO

Last edited:

Motorheads5

Livin the generation gap
Way to go to all the riders. Hope there wasn't much carnage to go along with the epic waves everyone keeps talking about.
a sneeker wave washed a SXR over me from my right side and they are really Fat Chick's lol landed on my foot. at one time a 2 foot deep flood came clear through the whole grandstand and pit area/beer garden and there were probably 20 to 30 ski's and beach cart's just toppling over people it was friggin NUT's

Attachments

• pacific city 146.jpg
    pacific city 146.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 24
  • pacific city 147.jpg
    pacific city 147.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
I'm completely exhausted but found enough energy to put up a clip. When Friday's 3:20PM huge sneaker wave hit I was run over by two superjets. Motorhead is whining about getting hit by one ski! :smile: I am still limping a little.

The clip is the Pro Finals of Ross Champion and Mike Serlin. Unfortunately the announcer said Ross was in yellow which was wrong. I was planning on keeping the video cam on Ross but it was Mike. Don't say should have seen his boat. You can't see the boats through the viewfinder. It is still rather entertaining watching what is mostly the "loser". There is also the fun of trying to get the guy next to you to STFU so the announcer can be heard. There are other videos of Ross on his earlier rounds I will get to later.

Ross and Mike

There is lots of amazing stuff to come.

Last edited:
Top Bottom