Roo's RRP Rickter FS-1 Build

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Thats a pity, I personally loved those footholds. Send them and the bracketry to me... =]

I am just used to having my foot complete wrapped (XFT Holds)... any way I throw my weight, I do not have to worry about falling out.

I went out for a second ride yesterday. Just going to require some getting used to I guess...

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Roo, you don't have to answer this, cuz it's personal..., How much total money did you drop into this project?? Just curious.

---

It's all good Steve, no reason to keep it a secret.

Actually look at the first couple of pages of postings in this thread... I posted a complete break down of everything.

If you do not include all the old hulls/parts I sold, about $15k into it.

If you take into account all the crap I have sold, around $12k out of pocket, but actually now more like $13k as in the last week I have bought a couple more items.

as long as your happy with it i supose the price does'nt matter and you built it yourself witch you get alot more satisfaction out of no one over here has a rickter yet are they still avaliable?

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
as long as your happy with it i supose the price does'nt matter and you built it yourself witch you get alot more satisfaction out of no one over here has a rickter yet are they still avaliable?

If price played a bigger factor, I'd still own / be riding my old SJ setup. The gratification is awesome. Everyone in my personal life has been really supportive about it to which makes all the difference. Many late nights of partying in the basement while I wrench :party:

unless you have the super hook up, you cant build a sick boat for under 14k. all the parts add up quick.

Hell ya... Think of each major component in thousands.

Thousand here, thousand there...

CarFanatic

Fiberglassing Newb
yup, I spent as much as you on a built up stock hull! I love it though! one day hope to have a light hull, but I'm not a good enough rider yet to justify one.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
but I'm not a good enough rider yet to justify one.

I'm not the greatest either, but you only live once! :bananajump:

I would put this in a middle-weight category, not a light weight.

My stock hull all done up with WCF hood was 140 lbs.

This hull and hood are 110 lbs. It was advertised at 90 lbs.

Definitely a disappointment for the money spent.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Trim System

New trim system showed up from Thrust Innovations. I decided to scrap the drop-nozzle conversion.

THING is a work of art for what it is. Very impressive, and even includes a Heim fitting for the steering which I didn't think it would.

Hopefully go for some flip attempts tomorrow. Notice I said attempts :splatt:

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

Your builds top notch no doubt. Glad to see it went so well and your stoked to the max. I was just checking thrust's trim setups out. Looks like you got the pole type (more throw). Let us all know how the thing flips and how you like thrust's trim!!

Top Bottom