Roo's RRP Rickter FS-1 Build

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
We wer workin on some of it last night. Can not wait to rip this!:Eyecrazy:

Many thanks to Brad. Didn't get a whole lot knocked out as we spent most of the night getting his motorcycle running correctly, but we did get the exhaust manifold bored out to match the exhaust ports on the cylinder.

I received the longer RRP pipes/poles and handlepole spring yesterday. I can finally get steering system / handlepole system all buttoned up. Pump will go on when I figure out a lever and cable setup for the trim system. I keep putting off calling Terry Cable because I want to try my local bike shop first.

More pics shortly.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Made a little more progress...

The new rod was hitting the cases and I didn't realize the cases were already paper thin - ended up going right through them. Had to epoxy (actually, JB Weld) the whole bottom and basically cut out the one side for clearance.

Assembled the bottom end two nights ago. Cylinder is with my buddy at the moment - he had to write a program to carve out the water jacket so it matches the new Power Factor manifold.

Mid June is A-OK with me.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Motor Assembly

Slowly been plugging away at a snails pace...

Assembled the bottom end a few nights ago, and dropped by my buddy's machine shop last night to pick up the cylinder. The water jacket for the jacket turned out AWESOME!

The whole motor would have been assembled last night, but realized a couple bolts were over at my neighbors house where the hull is... and that was at 1am... crap. Should be done tonight.

Some pics:

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
lookin good..soon it will be in the water, and all the hard work and cash will pay off.

Thanks man.

I sure hope it pays off. It is not if, but rather when something blows up again, I just hope it happens late fall at the end of the season! haha

I am shooting for potentially Sunday having it running. We'll see.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Hit a MAJOR road block yesterday I am not happy about...

Turn the hull over, go to start mounting up the pump and realize something does not look right - NO PUMP SHOE. WTF. One of those things you just take for granted and overlook. For the price I paid, there is no reason this hull should NOT have come with one!

Call a few local members and dealerships, no dice. I was hoping to have it fired up and running tonight... I guess another week of waiting won't hurt, right?

Top Bottom