Roo's RRP Rickter FS-1 Build

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Those are so sick, I'd like to build one just to have in my living room!!! Maybe help me make it thru the winter.

Opposite - making winter a LOT longer. But, it is badass rippin' snowmobiles across the lake and hearing them all day long!

This is what I look out my front window at everyday (picture taken a minute ago):

IMG_2048.jpg

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
not to bad for a wicked setup are you running a mag pump aswell?

Nope - that is the weakest link in the chain at the moment.

Eventually, yes, but I cannot spend any more money on this damn thing! I need to put a new roof on my house as well as a paintjob/siding.

When the motor gets bigger, the pump will get bigger.

Last edited:

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I have to say thanks for the price breakdown too. Not many people here are willing to spill the beans. It helps us know how far or close to our financial reach such a project would be.

Waternut

Customizing addict
Thanks for the breakdown... It was looking feasible in the near future until I got down to the hull section. LOL

I need to get a lot better with what I've got before I get into this kind of thing anyway. Nobody wants to see someone with a $10k+ ski that can't even do a barrel roll. I'll just enjoy watching you build it for now. :biggthumpup:

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Thanks for the breakdown... It was looking feasible in the near future until I got down to the hull section. LOL

I need to get a lot better with what I've got before I get into this kind of thing anyway. Nobody wants to see someone with a $10k+ ski that can't even do a barrel roll. I'll just enjoy watching you build it for now. :biggthumpup:

Don't insult Gil like that:jester:

I can't do one either. Matter of fact, I have never even tried one. Why do you have to be able to do a barrel roll before you can spend 10k + on a ski?

ya. i used to get soooper mad seein people on brand new / expensive skis who arnt the most capable, but then my dad was like...well if they have the money, whats wrong with it.

so its like bill gates on a 650sx, i think he would go for at least an all carbon fs-1. then once he got addicted he would have nasa come up with sumthin for him. LOL:biggthumpup:

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Nobody wants to see someone with a $10k+ ski that can't even do a barrel roll. I'll just enjoy watching you build it for now. :biggthumpup:

Nobody around here (spectators) knows any better.

But ya, if you are just putzin' around, people just look the other way. Now throw in an aerial assault, people FREAK out huge.

We always get the universal barrel roll hand motion from people when they see us out... haha, so awesome. :cheer:

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
MORE PICS ?
:Banane25:

No more progress was been made in the last 2 weeks :17:

Crankworks is a JOKE - they have had my crank since 10/29/2008.

I can't make any more progress until I get the motor dropped in - EVERYTHING revolves around that being done!

I do have a couple shots of random stuff of it I have not posted yet... When I get home from the office I'll post some stuff up.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
You're not having much luck with them, are you.

Sorry to hear that.
Well, at least it's winter.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
You're not having much luck with them, are you.

Sorry to hear that.
Well, at least it's winter.

They claim to have been waiting on main bearings. For more money, I could get OEM bearings.

They already raised the price twice on me, we are now at $610... and I am not getting OEM bearings? Nice...

It is incredible that in the jetski world I have never had one situation that turned out in my favor... I just don't get it. It is really getting me down about this sport. I have spent thousands upon thousands and have learned to be SUPER patient with the jetski companys...

People in the Sportbike World are super cool, and I never have ANY issues with anything relating to that lifestyle.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
It seems like the more money you spend, the worse you are treated.

That's why I buy used junk for cheap!

I am with ya bro,I just by stuff that I don't have to depend on one off expensive ass parts to repair it with.:smashfreakB:

todc207

Drama diffuser
You are from Lake Orion ? We live in Metamora and I live on the lake here, We got a new Moomba LSV to make a wake last summer PM me and we should ride. I want that ski cant wait to see if you like it.

Scorn800

Ride for life
They claim to have been waiting on main bearings. For more money, I could get OEM bearings.

They already raised the price twice on me, we are now at $610... and I am not getting OEM bearings? Nice...

It is incredible that in the jetski world I have never had one situation that turned out in my favor... I just don't get it. It is really getting me down about this sport. I have spent thousands upon thousands and have learned to be SUPER patient with the jetski companys...

People in the Sportbike World are super cool, and I never have ANY issues with anything relating to that lifestyle.

Sucks to hear your having a problems with crankworks. I had good experience with them 2 years ago. I dealt with Kevin and turn around time was about 2 months but I provided the rods 1/2 thru.

Don't get bummed on bad shops that talk BS.:thinking:
Just keep calling around & ask questions.:usa2:

I'm stoked to see the build. The FS-1 looks like a whole new ride. :headbang:

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
You are from Lake Orion ? We live in Metamora and I live on the lake here, We got a new Moomba LSV to make a wake last summer PM me and we should ride. I want that ski cant wait to see if you like it.

Yes, I am about 10 houses from my Marina off Lake Street - ride about 4 to 5 days a week (as long as I am not having mechanical issues).

As summer nears, we'll have to arrange something - we are always out.

Top Bottom