Roo's RRP Rickter FS-1 Build

Polish jet pilot

4aces4aces4aces4aces4aces
I belive that this ski will take the entire direction of the sport to a new level. The ski is so different than other models. Build qulaity for "aftermarket" hull is amazing. Looks OEM. So these are made in the US? or outside?

I feel like chubber master while seeing that beauty... good luck and keep us, the poor folks, posted... :)

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
I belive that this ski will take the entire direction of the sport to a new level. The ski is so different than other models. Build qulaity for "aftermarket" hull is amazing. Looks OEM. So these are made in the US? or outside?

I feel like chubber master while seeing that beauty... good luck and keep us, the poor folks, posted... :)

This is the VERY disappointing part... they are made over in Thailand.

A company called Cobra Composites, which also produce the Hydrospace hull, make this hull. All the other little accessories (metal parts) are made in Canada by Rick Roy Products... Nothing USA about it. :crutches:

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
No more progress was been made in the last 2 weeks :17:

Crankworks is a JOKE - they have had my crank since 10/29/2008.

I can't make any more progress until I get the motor dropped in - EVERYTHING revolves around that being done!

I do have a couple shots of random stuff of it I have not posted yet... When I get home from the office I'll post some stuff up.

Get the bearings yourself and ship to them directly. I found that this speeds up the process quite a bit
BTw crankworks craftmanship is second to none!! worth the wait

This is the VERY disappointing part... they are made over in Thailand.

A company called Cobra Composites, which also produce the Hydrospace hull, make this hull. All the other little accessories (metal parts) are made in Canada by Rick Roy Products... Nothing USA about it. :crutches:

Um....yuck and yuck. I had no idea both of those hulls were made there.

Canada is awesome though.....but wow....and yuck......

Oh well.....the world is shrinking and if they can do it and do it right then so be it.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
If they are made in Thailand then they should be cheaper. Oh, well. Profits go to those who innovate with quality.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Get the bearings yourself and ship to them directly. I found that this speeds up the process quite a bit
BTw crankworks craftmanship is second to none!! worth the wait

If they have been waiting on bearings for 3 months, how am I going to be able to get them any faster??? :hitwithrock:
Crazy thought I know...

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
If they are made in Thailand then they should be cheaper. Oh, well. Profits go to those who innovate with quality.

Well... I look at is this way.

There is no radical aftermarket hull out there that can be had for $6500 that includes the hull, hood, rideplate, hood seal, hood mounting hardware, footholds (let alone the hardware), custom scupper flapper, BADASS fitted heavy duty cover, and fully beautifully turf'd, and finished with with a beautiful silver pearl paintjob with graphics with visual carbon on top.
Just drop a drive train in and go, literally. :Banane36:

Last edited:

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
No more progress has been made...

STILL waiting on Crankworks... Everything is revolving around it so I can assemble the motor.

But to hold me over until Jetski and Sportbike season starts, I have been racing indoors :bananajump: STUPID amounts of fun... Thanks Dirtybird for comin' out and taking some pictures!

minis1of1-7.jpg

minis1of1-14.jpg

More pictures can be seen HERE for entertainment.

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
If they have been waiting on bearings for 3 months, how am I going to be able to get them any faster??? :hitwithrock:
Crazy thought I know...

you can easily get WSM bearings to them . Hot products carry them as well as western power sports as well as any wsm dealer

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
you can easily get WSM bearings to them . Hot products carry them as well as western power sports as well as any wsm dealer

Hmmmm, I am one of Parts Unlimited's biggest dealers for Sportbike gear but we bought into all divisions... I'm off to look through this watercraft catalog for kicks. I know I have seen a lot of WSM stuff in there.

Thanks for the tip Steve, I was a little harsh with that last comment :slap:

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
Crank arrived last Thursday. NICE!

Friend of mine sand blasted the cases, I clear coated them.

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

I had one rod replaced. The end towards the crank is ever so slightly beefier then the other, and it touches the case by a hair:

IMG_2081.jpg

Here is the other side that clears:

IMG_2082.jpg

After a couple hours of working the middle case, clears no problem. Couple more hours on the bottom case and it'll be ready to seal. Luckily there is only an area about an inch long that has an issue clearing and not the whole case - otherwise I'd be sending them out for machining.

For kicks:

IMG_2084.jpg

P

PancakePete

UT OH ! If that does not clear with enough room for heat and expansion and contraction, you might have issues...

Sorry man, not so great luck with the crank stuff.

I hope it works out !

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
UT OH ! If that does not clear with enough room for heat and expansion and contraction, you might have issues...

Sorry man, not so great luck with the crank stuff.

I hope it works out !

Yep - I have taken that into consideration.

Just making it match the clearance of the other side, should be all set then.

No, good luck does not happen in the jetski world for me.

Roo

it's all good
Site Supporter
done yet?

Slackin' :sleeping: No excuse...

I have to finish modifying the bottom case for crank clearance, and modify the water intake ports on the exhaust side of the cylinder so they is a channel for water to flow.

With the Power Factor exhaust, it is only injected at the bottom, not the sides. Also I need to port match the exhaust manifold to the cylinder as it quite a bit off. Team Scream confirmed they need quite a bit of tweakin' to make it work right.

Once the motor is assembled, everything will come together VERY quick.

BudProductions

BP-h2o.com
sweet ride you got in the works, hopefully next year I can upgrade to something sick like that.

you got some more pics of the sweet piece?

Top Bottom