Super Jet Running out of ideas... Superjet issue

Update: had the motor completely rebuilt, crank, new seals, bored .5 over, new pistons, everything. Ski still runs the same. Occasionally it will rev up like it’s supposed to for a couple of blips but then back to no power. Also put a working used oem stator in after the rebuild so I don’t believe that’s the issue. Next up is cdi. Currently have an ATP epic cdi. If this doesn’t fix it I am completely out of ideas.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Update: had the motor completely rebuilt, crank, new seals, bored .5 over, new pistons, everything. Ski still runs the same. Occasionally it will rev up like it’s supposed to for a couple of blips but then back to no power. Also put a working used oem stator in after the rebuild so I don’t believe that’s the issue. Next up is cdi. Currently have an ATP epic cdi. If this doesn’t fix it I am completely out of ideas.
Swap out the Epic for sure. We had a ski that ran but weird intermitent running issues, swapped cdi and it was perfect.

Swap out the Epic for sure. We had a ski that ran but weird intermitent running issues, swapped cdi and it was perfect.
Trying that ASAP. Do these ohms look right for oem cdi with rev limit mod?

brown/white - 131.4
red/white - 2.366

Last edited:
Trying that ASAP. Do these ohms look right for oem cdi with rev limit mod?

brown/white - 131.4
red/white - 2.366
Update: tried used oem cdi w/ rev limit mod (borrowed from friends scrap parts and was 50/50 guess if it was good or bad), didn’t work. Ski would turn over and actually start for a second or less but then would continue to crank and not start again. That unit was definitely defective. Still trying to source a used 62t cdi

Top Bottom