Running Rich...

What does it mean when the exhaust is spitting out very rich/dark water? Is it running to rich and I should use a lesser oil mixture? Because I 100% positive my oil to gas ratio is correct so I don't want to use less oil and hurt the engine ya know? Would using a little less oil hurt anything? Is that what the problem is?
:dunno:

Any thoughts?

What engine and what's the ratio you're using? Just for reference.

2007 SJ RN
Stock Engine: + B-Pipe and Flame Arrestors(if that means anything)
Of hand, I do not know but what ever the factory specs are I used and made sure it was right!

It has been doing this for a little while though, I'm form the Jersey area so I figured before I start riding this season I figured I'd ask for people opinions to why this may be. Not a problem but I kinda would like to stop polluting the environment lol

Have you changed what oil you are using lately? I find it happens more with some oils than others.

No, I THINK it is the Yamaha's W2 or 2W lol I forget man.... I haven't road since last August and kinda forget. Should change? It it ok to change?

But my question was is it is because there is too much oil in the gas?

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Stock is 50:1 and I have been running both my SJ's at 40:1 with cheap Walmart oil with no extra oil out the pipe.

The last couple months I've been trying to use up the remainder of my Bombardier mineral oil and I'm seeing way more oil coming out of the exhaust when I flush and blow out my skis.

"I'm seeing way more oil coming out of the exhaust when I flush and blow out my skis."

EXACTLY! Mine could kill every fish in a lake man! So should I drop the amount of oil? Would it hurt the engine at all?

OCD Solutions

Something else I just thought of, are you riding saltwater now and using soap to flush out your engine where as you never had to before?

Something else I just thought of, are you riding saltwater now and using soap to flush out your engine where as you never had to before?

Always ride salt water and never used soap!

What ever the factory ratio spec is is what I currently use.

OCD Solutions

soap helps break down the salt deposits that strait water cant get out. good thing to do in my opinion with everyflush just poor some down the hose before you attach the flush fitting

Yup, that's what i was told to do after about 6 months of using straight water. Since I started this practice i have been getting alot more oil residue flushed out my pipe though, that's why I thought it worth mentioning. I switched oil brands around the same time too though...

Just looked it up... 50:1 is the ratio for sure and that is what I have been doing and it's VERY RICH! IMO.... I mean black sh*t just pours out the exhaust! lol What should I do before I kill all the fish in the Atlantic!?

Top Bottom