SB Products Billet SuperJet engine case

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
When you do the case will you be able to leave the top a bit thicker so you dont break through when porting the intake
The stock kawi cases do not have the same potential as the yamaha cases in my mind

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
Anyone lookin?

This is something i have been thinking about, as i'd like to get off of race gas and figured a bigger CC motor can offset that. ease of getting fuel is the primary concern, especially when traveling

one question i have about the cases... would they be prone to the same problems the stock cases would have if the crank lets go? what i mean is i have seen 8mils break and rip the cases apart (blow out, crack on bottom etc)
this is one BIG concern for me, especially for the price
i was looking at 80-82 * 85mil non pv and was concerned about turning the rpms and having a crank related failure
are these cases stronger to withstand something like that?

another thought i had was going to a larger CC motor (yes initial upfront cost is costly, but with the large CC's what about being made to run on the cheap 87oct fuel, would that help extend the life of the motor and by how much (compared to premuim/race gas etc), tuning will play apart on a setup like that. I have some friends who are making decent power with their race cars on 87 oct with bigger motors
i know running the high comps you have the maintenance issue to deal with, again this was just an idea

whats been the average life span of the 10mm+ crank setups?

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
I say race gas yields about 10% more power. More compression defininitly has a bigger "hit" off the bottom and top end power will suffer slightly compared to a lower compression engine.

Every configuration has its benefits and drawbacks. It is important that you work at the best balance for the intended use.

Your thinking is correct though, however race gas has other benefits, but it is possible to "make" it up with cc's.

As far as durability the cases are thicker in the crank area for this reason. Un-trenched stock cases are around 3MM thick. While we are fortunate we haven't experienced a rod failure, I am confident the cases would handle it, worst case, the alloy is repairable if it isn't.

The few on this site that have them, I am confident would attest to that, WF has seen the billet case.

Either way the design is much better than stock cases.

Buy good parts the first time, don't over-rev it, run good oil, don't let it sit for long periods of time, well taken care of, they will least YEARS.

While I haven't wrung a 701 to it's death, I have a 5 season 10MM stroker Banshee, the motor was used when I got it, I inspected the crank, put a T-Rex cylinder on it and it is still going strong. That is the best I can tell you. If you are thinking you are buying a new crank every year, I think you are overthinking it. Cranks can be rebuilt, cylinders can be bored, sleeves can be replaced.

Brian

This is something i have been thinking about, as i'd like to get off of race gas and figured a bigger CC motor can offset that. ease of getting fuel is the primary concern, especially when traveling

one question i have about the cases... would they be prone to the same problems the stock cases would have if the crank lets go? what i mean is i have seen 8mils break and rip the cases apart (blow out, crack on bottom etc)
this is one BIG concern for me, especially for the price
i was looking at 80-82 * 85mil non pv and was concerned about turning the rpms and having a crank related failure
are these cases stronger to withstand something like that?

another thought i had was going to a larger CC motor (yes initial upfront cost is costly, but with the large CC's what about being made to run on the cheap 87oct fuel, would that help extend the life of the motor and by how much (compared to premuim/race gas etc), tuning will play apart on a setup like that. I have some friends who are making decent power with their race cars on 87 oct with bigger motors
i know running the high comps you have the maintenance issue to deal with, again this was just an idea

whats been the average life span of the 10mm+ crank setups?

Last edited:

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
Thanks

i love the 5mil * 85mil setup i have now, so looking at options for either next setup or ski
i use the compression strictly for the tight wind up feel and crispyness, just a PITA when we travel
i need to find a portable octane testing kit or something like that just to verify

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
one more thing, not sure if i asked this in the past or not
the non-pv cylinder, can that be made to handle the 89-91mm piston to get larger cc's out of it?
any plans on making one like that?

Sure we would do a non PV big bore, wouldn't really recommend it, unless you are drag racing, as there isn't really a good reason not to run one. But if you wanted one we would certainly accomodate. BTW, I just got in a pallet of fresh billet for more cylinders.

If you want one, you have about two weeks, three on the outside, to decide if that is what you want to do.

Brian

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
Sure we would do a non PV big bore, wouldn't really recommend it, unless you are drag racing, as there isn't really a good reason not to run one. But if you wanted one we would certainly accomodate. BTW, I just got in a pallet of fresh billet for more cylinders.

If you want one, you have about two weeks, three on the outside, to decide if that is what you want to do.

Brian

Thanks for the info
unfortunately i am a few months off from making the decision, but it is very tempting
i also have to consider some options for her SXR as well

Top Bottom