scupper feed back

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
this is the only picture I have of mr pissy, I don't have any recent one after the scupper install. but it gives you an idea of my "tricking" ethics....lol
before I got the 24/7 door, I had one of those cheap plastic doors from west marine, I think I paid like 7 bucks for it.
people were telling me that a tail landing (as charlie was refering to) would cause it to go inward and get stuck in an open position, I tried and tried and tried to get it to happen but it wouldn't, and that's with pretty good air off of boatwakes.

Attachments

• mr. pissy.JPG
    mr. pissy.JPG
    347.7 KB · Views: 90
  • mr. pissy's motor....JPG
    mr. pissy's motor....JPG
    427.9 KB · Views: 50
Y

yamaslut

this is the only picture I have of mr pissy, I don't have any recent one after the scupper install. but it gives you an idea of my "tricking" ethics....lol
before I got the 24/7 door, I had one of those cheap plastic doors from west marine, I think I paid like 7 bucks for it.
people were telling me that a tail landing (as charlie was refering to) would cause it to go inward and get stuck in an open position, I tried and tried and tried to get it to happen but it wouldn't, and that's with pretty good air off of boatwakes.

dude... that thing is mint..

:dunno:

Watty

Random Performance
I've tried a few different ones, but the best ones I have used is the ATP Scupper. It matches the stock exhaust flange, so it looks nice and symetrical from the rear and it has a 2" recess into the flap area. The mating surface is angled down, so gravity also helps the keep things sealed. I've noticed that this also keeps sand and crap away from the sealing area.

From the testing I've done so far, it doesn't leak at all. I always run 2 bilge pumps anyway.

I've given this thing a beating, and it hasn't let me down yet.

Attachments

• Scupper1.JPG
    Scupper1.JPG
    426.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Scupper 2.JPG
    Scupper 2.JPG
    413.1 KB · Views: 68
I run the XFT scupper and have had no problems with it. It dumps out extremely quick. I have 2 bilges in the ski and I don't really need two becuase it works so well. When the ski is in the water it doesn't really leak.I like the XFT. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• xftscupper.jpg
    xftscupper.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
Y

yamaslut

I've tried a few different ones, but the best ones I have used is the ATP Scupper. It matches the stock exhaust flange, so it looks nice and symetrical from the rear and it has a 2" recess into the flap area. The mating surface is angled down, so gravity also helps the keep things sealed. I've noticed that this also keeps sand and crap away from the sealing area.

From the testing I've done so far, it doesn't leak at all. I always run 2 bilge pumps anyway.

that is a very nice and meaty design there....

Frosty

New York Crew

that is sweet. I saw that on their website

http://www.airtimeproducts.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=28

anyone ever order form ATP here in the states? Shipping cost?

Well I went with the X-metal scupper, and it treated me well... But I realy think that desighn can be much improved.

I too realy like the desighn of the ATP, but too much hassle for shipping.

For my current build I got a used 3" XFT from Dan (highroller) and the desighn is awsome!(alot like the ATP) :Banane01: It actualy bolts in place, and the flap is in-set (i think that will help the leaking issue common with typical scuppers)

3" PVC is heavy!!!!! I actually grinded about half the pvc down to save some weight.... yea, I know Im crazy.:thinking: So is my build!

Frosty

New York Crew
Well I went with the X-metal scupper, and it treated me well... But I realy think that desighn can be much improved.

I too realy like the desighn of the ATP, but too much hassle for shipping.

For my current build I got a used 3" XFT from Dan (highroller) and the desighn is awsome!(alot like the ATP) :Banane01: It actualy bolts in place, and the flap is in-set (i think that will help the leaking issue common with typical scuppers)

3" PVC is heavy!!!!! I actually grinded about half the pvc down to save some weight.... yea, I know Im crazy.:thinking:

that's great! I think i give dan a shout and go that way.

Mike W

Infidel
I just installed an X Metal scupper in my '06 but I have only had it in the water once. While in the water I pulled the hood and I got no leakage whatsoever. the design is pretty good and was a little sceptical about it but if it's installed right it wont leak. Time will tell though. I do like it more than the 24/7 scuppers I have installed in the past.

ski clinic kid 2007

Junior Freestylist.
The Ski Clinic's scuppers are really great one way valves.
I'm currently running a Waterdawg Kustomz scupper right now, but I would recommend The Ski Clinic's or Waterdawg Kustomz scuppers.

Last edited:

gunrgood

Almost ready
i got my one way from a plumbing supply store - $13. its a flaper style that has a rubber and stainless disc that prevents it from blowing out. doesnt leak a drip.

FL- if your tripping about weight this tubing i have is fiberglass tube 2 1/4" i.d. really thin but supper strong and ultra light. i would guess that it weighs as much or less then the foam i removed for my one way. so the only thing that addd weight was the valve.

Attachments

• D-200 001.jpg
    D-200 001.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 26
  • NOV 16 017.jpg
    NOV 16 017.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 17
I've had a Blowsion one way on my SJ for about 2 yrs. It leaked the very first day and still is. I had a check valve in my old FX-1 from my pool supply store and it didn't leak a drop for 9 yrs.

GinoNewOrleans

Proud REPUBLICAN
Is there a solution if you have a leaking scupper installed already, without tearing the ski apart? Like changing anything out, installing anything inside the tube?

Last edited:
Top Bottom