Seadoo HX

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Can anyone give me any information about the Seadoo HX and how it compares to the Wave blaster 1?

Also, can any tell me about the 1996 Waveblaster 1 in reguards to it being wider than the other years?

I have friends wanting something more sporty... One friend is looking at the Seadoo, one is looking at the blaster. I'm siding with the blaster... but I don't know anything about the HX to support my arguement about the blaster being better (outside of yamaha being more reliable) give me some ammo.

Last edited:

tom21

havin fun
well, it will probably be harder to find an hx. maybe not. but its still a seadoo. aside form the wear ring coming factory in plastic, not much else is better or cheaper than a blaster. a blaster has a 701 in it and is much like the chevrolet of jetskis. lots of parts available, lots of aftermarket and lots of interchange with other skis.

:Banane09:

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
The HX is what killed the Blaster in sports class racing. More HP, better handling (stock), cutting through chop, no sliding. Two completely different boats.
Look at this this way: the HX (just like an SXR) is for CC racing, the Blaster (just like a SJ) is for freeride/freestyle.
The Blaster: better jumper, loose, better air.
The HX: runs on rails, faster, awesome cornering.

Tell them to pick what they like.

OH, and BTW, I don't see that many HXs for sale, people tend to keep them for some reason, it's easier to get a better deal on a B1.

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
There always for sale in craigslist. For every 1 blaster I see for sale, I see another 3 hxs listed.
Not in NY/NJ though. It might be a regional thing. I also think that there were many more B1s made and sold than the HXs.

FlWAVEBLASTER

Tcjetpilots.com
same width but some say that the glass/smc was hand laid on the 96 b1's and the hull was trued up. but i have never gotten a real answer on that. i have ridden 94's and 93's and i have a 96 they all felt the same to me

Can anyone vouch for this? I've never noticed. I thought they were the same hull. The only upgrade was the 62T dual carb motor in 1996. I hope some one can verify this for us.

DCRocks

Wavejunkies
The hulls of the B1s are in essance the same.

A 96 is supposed to have an extra lip at the rear of the bottom to help with racing aspects, but other than that, they should be the same.

If you didnt know what you were looking for, I doubt many could tell the difference between the 93-95 and the 96 hulls.

The Blaster: better jumper, loose, better air.
The HX: runs on rails, faster, awesome cornering.

Sums up the differences VERY well, IMO.

Last edited:

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
I think the blaster wins with how and where most people ride on this board, me included.

I will say however that a hx with a 787 in it would have no choice but to be a kick ass machine. They don't come with them stock but the conversion has been done a number of times. My wifes ski is a stock 787 powered seadoo and that thing absolutely rips though the midrange. I've been telling myself that my blaster will pull as hard some day but I'm starting to realize how lofty of a goal that really is. The blaster beats it out of the hole now but once the barge is on plain you better get the eff out the way...

The Blaster is just about the funest ride on the water. Throw an 8 mm Lamey in it and laugh at the 800 HX's :lmao: Only way I would ever reccomend someone to by an HX is if they wanted to get into racing on a small budget. But if you are a good rider and have some $ for a lamey - the Blaster is your choice and will have the HX riders scratching their head. Plus it's a "BLAST" to ride. The HX is a wet ride, doesn't jump well, very hard to deep water board, and isn't a very "fun" ride. It's pretty much made for the track, that's where it shines.

JAM

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
The Blaster is just about the funest ride on the water. Throw an 8 mm Lamey in it and laugh at the 800 HX's :lmao: Only way I would ever reccomend someone to by an HX is if they wanted to get into racing on a small budget. But if you are a good rider and have some $ for a lamey - the Blaster is your choice and will have the HX riders scratching their head. Plus it's a "BLAST" to ride. The HX is a wet ride, doesn't jump well, very hard to deep water board, and isn't a very "fun" ride. It's pretty much made for the track, that's where it shines.

JAM

I love this post it is beyond ridiculous,just throw an 8mm Lamey in it?What does the ticket on that run exactly? How about this just throw a bone stock 787 in the HX and have a 60mph boat that will wallk all over that Lamey and still have money for gas for a few years left over nuff said.

Last edited:
I love this post it is beyond ridiculous,just throw an 8mm Lamey in it?What does the ticket on that run exactly? How about this just throw a bone stock 787 in the HX and have a 60mph boat that will wallk all over that Lamey and still have money for gas for a few years left over nuff said.

Maybe you missed the part in my post about the HX being the cheaper route???? And if you think an HX will walk a Lamey Blaster then you don't know what you are talking about. Come to any race where we are at and then tell me a bone stock 800 will walk a Lamey Blaster. Perhaps you haven't seen or herd the results of the National Championship in the past few years. But by all means, if you have an 800 HX bring it to the lake Lake Anna Va. race in Aug. Lets see how you do.

PS: If you don't race sport class you shouldn't talk about something you know nothing about - Nuff said.

global warmer

big time gas pumper
there are plenty of options for making a b1 rip and its not always expensive,gotta say i prefer my blaster over an hx in surf,but lets just say different horses for different courses

No doubt, some people like Blasters, and some people like HX's.... Each to his own. It just get's me sometimes when I see people post stuff that is just not factual. Like a stock 800 HX will smoke a Lamey Blaster.................... I know he's prob. just saying that because he maybe hasn't seen a strong Lamey Blaster run - but still, I hate seeing people assume the HX is such a better racer. A properly set up Blaster (which aint cheap) can make a full mod HX look silly. With that being said, a Dominator superstock Blaster with the right rider can beat Mod HX's also. :) Not trying to start a flame war here, I'm just speaking from experience

JAM

ctatv

2strokes forever
No doubt, some people like Blasters, and some people like HX's.... Each to his own. It just get's me sometimes when I see people post stuff that is just not factual. Like a stock 800 HX will smoke a Lamey Blaster.................... I know he's prob. just saying that because he maybe hasn't seen a strong Lamey Blaster run - but still, I hate seeing people assume the HX is such a better racer. A properly set up Blaster (which aint cheap) can make a full mod HX look silly. With that being said, a Dominator superstock Blaster with the right rider can beat Mod HX's also. :) Not trying to start a flame war here, I'm just speaking from experience

JAM

isnt a stock hx a 717 (720)

It all comes down to style. If you come off an X-2 or stand up you'll like the Blaster. If you spend most of your time on the seat or kneeling you'll get along with the HX. Standing on an HX is like juggling bowling balls in a canoe. My favorite boat to ride and race will always be the X-2 I could tolerate the WB1 but the HX made me lose interest and quit racing. You went fast around the course if you just sat and rode it like a couch. I never came to grips with the HX. Sure I won races on it but I just never rode it outside of the bouy course because it just wasn't fun.......

Good post Halfast816. It really does all boil down to personal preference. But just to let everyone know, I just got back from the Tennessee National Championships yesterday and the Blaster took the top 4 positions in Sport Mod!!!!! :headbang:

JAM

Last edited:
Hello

In france, we have a new championship with the SPORT-OPEN category (SEADOO HX, KAWASAKI 650/800 X2, YAMAHA Blaster 1 & 3, POLARIS Hurricane)

for the moment, i'm alone with my HX.... but it's really cool !!

Top Bottom