Sealing a Stock RN Hood

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
There's functional, and there's pretty. Usually, they are several hundred bucks or several hours of labor apart, for no real benefit.
I'm in this to ride, not to win beauty contests.

There's functional, and there's pretty. Usually, they are several hundred bucks or several hours of labor apart, for no real benefit.

I'll agree with ya on the riding part, but I like for my $hit to be clean and done the right way. I dont mind spending the extra time to make it look right. Not saying any of you have crappy looking ski's, but if I had a beat up ski then duct tape would be fine. Luckily my ski is pretty damn good shape so I try to keep it looking that way the best I can.

I guess I'm weird, but I've always been really particular about taking care of my $hit and doing things right the first time.

you're right, you're weird. beat up ski's look better IMHO :biggrin:

Yeah I dont mind beating up the ski when riding it, but when it comes to mods on the ski or something that I have control over I just like to do that the right way and make it look good.

Hell I made sure all my hose clamps and zip ties point in the same direction in my engine compartment. <-------You can call that weird.:biggrin:

It's that damn Attention to Detail that the Air Force has taught me I guess.:banghead: Oh well.:biggthumpup:

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
Duct don't look to good and I've actually done a sub and had the tape sucked through the hood because the motor was still trying to suck air when the ski was underwater

keefer

T1

Thats my motto, I will try to make stuff look good if I am repairing or upgrading but I would rather it be functional before beautiful. I want to ride not wrench, sand, paint or polish.

Mike W

Infidel
Hell I made sure all my hose clamps and zip ties point in the same direction in my engine compartment. <-------You can call that weird.:biggrin:

It's that damn Attention to Detail that the Air Force has taught me I guess.:banghead: Oh well.:biggthumpup:

I hate to admit it but I'm the same way. I just cant bring myself to do shortcuts like that.

if you go to autozone ,napa ,advanced auto,ect they sell plastic gromets that are made to hold your body panels on. they are small black and rouind and easily put on with a small dab of 5200 . alot easier then glass and turfing and much quicker

if you go to autozone ,napa ,advanced auto,ect they sell plastic gromets that are made to hold your body panels on. they are small black and rouind and easily put on with a small dab of 5200 . alot easier then glass and turfing and much quicker

very cool:biggthumpup: thats exactly what I was looking for

If you can find it in a past post I posted the the part numbers for exactally what you want. (you can send gratitude to Cheapass@Icantaffordit.com)

There is a place called Caplugs they make all of thoes little body plugs in all sorts of sizes and shapes. They will send you a free sample enough to do one ski but they don't know that is exactally what you wanted anyhow.

I used them with my ski 5 years ago with no glue or anything just poped them in there and your done.

Go to this site and put in your size caplugs Then you can see what is offered and on the home page there is a free sample kit that you can order.

To find the page I posted from the home page it is Plugs -> Non-threaded -> Straight

If you can find it in a past post I posted the the part numbers for exactally what you want. (you can send gratitude to Cheapass@Icantaffordit.com)

There is a place called Caplugs they make all of thoes little body plugs in all sorts of sizes and shapes. They will send you a free sample enough to do one ski but they don't know that is exactally what you wanted anyhow.

I used them with my ski 5 years ago with no glue or anything just poped them in there and your done.

Go to this site and put in your size caplugs Then you can see what is offered and on the home page there is a free sample kit that you can order.

To find the page I posted from the home page it is Plugs -> Non-threaded -> Straight

Wow:bigeyes: :biggthumpup: Thats exactly what I'm going to do. By any chance would you happen to remember which ones you went with:

BP: Button Plugs with Recessed Type Heads

BPF: Button Plugs with Flush Type Heads

EP: Plugs for Threaded Connectors

I was thinking the BPF Series seems like the best choice. It seems like there are sizes that cross over each other. Would you go with the bigger size so that it has a tighter fit to it? I know it's a long shot, but you wouldn't happen to remember what size you went with would you?:biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom