Sealing a Stock RN Hood

I can't remember exactally what size but If you order a 1/2 size over then you can always sand the hole a bit bigger instead of trying to glue them in.

I done this back when I didn't keep track of any part numbers or aything I just done it and headed back to the lake. Here is a picture of the flush mount ones works great. And a picture of how big I make my rear holes.

Attachments

• hole plugs.jpg
    hole plugs.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 217
  • Hood holes.jpg
    Hood holes.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 212
I can't remember exactally what size but If you order a 1/2 size over then you can always sand the hole a bit bigger instead of trying to glue them in.

I done this back when I didn't keep track of any part numbers or aything I just done it and headed back to the lake. Here is a picture of the flush mount ones works great. And a picture of how big I make my rear holes.

looks great. it looks like the top hole is smaller than the two bottom holes.
how did you get multiple sizes in your free sample?

looks great. it looks like the top hole is smaller than the two bottom holes.
how did you get multiple sizes in your free sample?

I see that you are only allowed 1 of each size that you want so you have to measure carefully so that you can get them for free. Or have another address to send a 2nd free sample kit to. I thought that you could get 2 per size but I must be mistaken they will only let you check one of each size for a sample kit.

Last edited:

Mike W

Infidel

Did you have to modify the liner to drill the rear holes in the hood in that location?

NO there is enough room to get your finger in there. The linner is maybe 3/4 to 1 inch away from the linner. I also sanded the bottom of the existing holes down so that there is no lip for the water to hang on it just runs right out.

Could one of the admin's put this thread in the TECH/FAQ Section? I originally went to that section to look for these answers, but there was only a thread on the squarenose hood.

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Thanks to all the previous posters in this thread... here is mine
I went the caplugs.com route.
They will give you 2 samples of each SKU, up to 7 SKUs.

I ordered a couple different sizes figuring I would need to do a little filing or gluing.

Thankfully I did not have to do either.
Part #s:
BPFE-29-MM fits the top hole. With a good push it snaps right in.
BPF-1 1/2 Fits the bottom holes perfectly.

After snapping them I took the dremel to the back air holes.

I will say this, after riding in a little surf this weekend I was surprised how well this worked.

vjhardcore

Ride It Like Ya Stole IT!
Holes to rear

You said you used a dremel. How did you get such a neat looking holes in that triangle shape. Very nice. They look total semetrical.

vjhardcore

Ride It Like Ya Stole IT!
Something else. Just a thought but - most guys seem to block off the front air intakes.

Would leaving them maybe help with subs? In the sense that maybe the water going in, instead of around might help get under faster? Anyone else with thoughts on this?

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
You said you used a dremel. How did you get such a neat looking holes in that triangle shape. Very nice. They look total semetrical.

I basically free-handed the outline with a grease pencil and then used sanding drum attachement. Cuts like butter! You have to be careful.

Something else. Just a thought but - most guys seem to block off the front air intakes.

Would leaving them maybe help with subs? In the sense that maybe the water going in, instead of around might help get under faster? Anyone else with thoughts on this?

The only mods I can think of that will help with subs is footholds and maybe a shorter pole. Practice!

Top Bottom