Security surveillance camera

@OCD Solutions are you running a POE switch for some cameras and the NVR to power others? I'm thinking this would be an easier setup for me with cameras on 1st and 2nd stories of my house.

@DAG how high are those cameras mounted? Is all of that light from the IR?

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
Under the gutters so about 9ft. Except the front yard where there are 2 street lights behind the tree it's all infrared

You can see the bottom left cam picking up the ir from the cam mounted in the top right :). I wish I could turn down the one for the back porch it's almost to much night vision. The cams pointed directly at the steps and it's whiting it out

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Are the single points for your wireless cams, or are your injectors wireless 802.3? Is there a particular brand you would suggest for the 8 port?

The single ports were units I picked up back when I was still building my own PC based camera server and using the old Sony Ipelas. I bought the 8 port when I purchased the first 4 Reolink cameras. I am not currently using either.

Neither are wireless, they just act as an inline power injector to convert standard ethernet into POE beyond that connection.

I can post pics of both tomorrow to give you a better idea.

OCD Solutions

I plugged in one of my two new cameras to see if I can the system will accept more than 8 Cameras and it cannot. :(

I can view the additional cameras in the client windows and on our mobile devices but the NVR cannot use it. Now we have to decide which cameras we want to record and which two we just want to monitor.

Pretty sure that means I am going sell off the wireless camera I have (RLC-210W) and cut it down to just 9 cameras. I have double coverage in the back yard so I wouldn't mind dropping one of those from recording.

DAG

Allready starting to pay for itself. I bought this camera because I had a package from the UK go missing. Now this morning I noticed my basketball goal was broke. Turned to the NVR and found the kids down the street play ball in my driveway when I'm not home.

They broke the goal (note piece of goal by post) and then ran off right away. I'm fine with them playing ball but they have never asked which I'm not sure why they thought it would be ok. And what really ticks me off is when someone does not respect your stuff and break it then just run off. Should I wait a day or 2 to see if they confess? Don't really want to start beef with the neighborhood kids but this got me alittle hot when I found them in my driveway.

How's that for a classic oh poop face

Screenshot_20161211-162912.png
Screenshot_20161211-162921.png

I'd give them a day or two, then go and talk to them. Looks like the one dude spotted your camera, that's a great mugshot

OCD Solutions

Nice catch.

I got my two newest cameras installed today. I had the house covered already but there's been lots of stuff like the above situation going on around the neighborhood so the two new cameras basically watch up and down the street. They criss cross the driveway too so they greatly increase the coverage over the driveway as well.

There's a lot to be said for watching over the neighborhood. I put a temporary camera up after the neighbor's wife drove into her garage door twice. I didn't catch a third incident but I did record her assaulting her husband in the driveway and then getting taken away in handcuffs. She's been off in rehab for months now so I guess I was correct in my assumption that she was drinking when she hit the garage door.

If we had a camera facing the other way, we would have captured a kid stealing a pistol and wallet out of my neighbors truck. Another neighbor watched it happen and called the cops so he was arrested within 5 minutes and then turned in 4 of his friends. They were responsible for quite a few break ins around this area so things have been pretty quite since.

I was in contact with the police trying to find out if any of the 4 that were arrested matched the description of the guy I caught at our house but they never answered me. It would be nice to get some closure on that little situation.

Preview_coulter1_03_20161211_171251_184720359.jpg Preview_coulter1_04_20161211_171310_184738906.jpg 10 Camera Preview.jpg

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Check these guys out... not sure if it's a fun toy or an over the top way to round out your surveillance system but either way I like it.
http://www.padousa.com/appbot-riley...wifi-bonus-color-track-free-shipping-returns/

At $199.00 it's probably not a bad little system and I can think of a ton of uses for it in addition to creeping out on my wife.

For instance, strap an LED light to it and it's a great duct inspector. :)

appbot-Riley-angle__75978.1479522236.1280.1280.jpg
Riley-colors__70983.1479754101.1280.1280.jpg
AppbotRileyRed__15977.1479523850.1280.1280.jpg
AppbotRileyRed3__56335.1479524356.1280.1280.jpg

DAG

This is all you @OCD Solutions just shoot them a link to this website to show how many other people you got to buy a reolink camera and you are bound to get one..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161229-082845.png
    Screenshot_20161229-082845.png
    305.1 KB · Views: 31

OCD Solutions

This is all you @OCD Solutions just shoot them a link to this website to show how many other people you got to buy a reolink camera and you are bound to get one..

I know right! I got at least 3 peeps here and another 3-4 from the guys that Scotts works with.

Top Bottom