Other Share your embarrassing jet ski moments...

Tried to start my brand new ski until the battery died on my first time out for the season. Couldn't figure out what was going on. threw a huge fit about how I bought a POS. Got it home, posted my issue on the X, turned out I forgot to turn the fuel switch to ON. The next weekend I went back. the aquatic nuisance inspection guys (different ones from the week before) told me a story about how the week before some kid was stupid enough to show up to the lake right after ice off on a jet ski, and then was so dumb he couldn't even get it started.....I guess I made headlines with my stupidity.

Half flip95

Formerly pondracer95
Just got to havasu and noticed a broken steering cable. I found an old ts to rob a cable from in town. When I got back to the pad with the cable my buddy would not let me put the cable on in the garage. Jerkoff made me do it in 2 ft of water on the trailer at a packed body beach. All the know it alls down there were laughing at me. It was embarrassing because i usually am really good about doing all my prep work the week before

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Its all about the surf!
On my way back in from a good surf ride, my confidence was up, so as entered the protected smooth water in the harbor and saw a group of young girls sitting on the jetty, the thought never entered my mind that showing off by throwing down a few leg drags probably wasn't a good idea. I got two really clean turns in and my third would be my closest sweep to the girls. Now I'm committed, I'm halfway through the 3rd turn, my leg is fully extended, I'm right in front of the girls, and all eyes were on me. That's when I lost my footing and ended up getting ripped completely off my ski. I don't wear a lanyard when I surf ride so after I was ejected, my ski didn't die but slowed to an idle and instead of circling it made a B-line straight towards the girls and wedged itself between two rocks, 5 feet below from where they were sitting. The humiliating swim of shame to retrieve my ski felt like 5 hrs, and I could hear them laughing at me the entire time. I will NEVER show off again!

kcmasterpiece

Sweet Baby Ray's Sucks
On my way back in from a good surf ride, my confidence was up, so as entered the protected smooth water in the harbor and saw a group of young girls sitting on the jetty, the thought never entered my mind that showing off by throwing down a few leg drags probably wasn't a good idea. I got two really clean turns in and my third would be my closest sweep to the girls. Now I'm committed, I'm halfway through the 3rd turn, my leg is fully extended, I'm right in front of the girls, and all eyes were on me. That's when I lost my footing and ended up getting ripped completely off my ski. I don't wear a lanyard when I surf ride so after I was ejected, my ski didn't die but slowed to an idle and instead of circling it made a B-line straight towards the girls and wedged itself between two rocks, 5 feet below from where they were sitting. The humiliating swim of shame to retrieve my ski felt like 5 hrs, and I could hear them laughing at me the entire time. I will NEVER show off again!

I actually think that worked out perfect. you got to talk to the ladies you were showing off for and it was a great ice breaker.

kcmasterpiece

Sweet Baby Ray's Sucks
Here are pictures of my most embarrassing moment.

134_508551601777_4624_n.jpg

134_508551606767_4852_n.jpg

134_508551611757_5086_n.jpg

134_508551616747_5318_n.jpg

134_508551621737_5551_n.jpg

134_508551626727_5781_n.jpg

Except at the time, i thought i was cool. Look at my face in the last pic, im totally showing off. Standing up and everything!!! (this was back in 08 or 09, before i knew what a stand up was) I hate to admit it, but i was indeed a coucher once....sorry guys!

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Leisurely day on the lake, probably 2nd or 3rd time on my SJ so I was just cruising around. Coming up to a narrow stretch I see a nice Grady White coming towards me at about no wake speed. I am admiring the boat and I look up and all the folks on board are waving to me. Hey they are a bunch of friends of mine...cool. So I non chalantly take one hand off the bars to give a quick wave and my SJ instantly takes a 90 degree turn and I cartwheel across the water. Excellent.

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
Trying to reboard my blaster , Lanyard clip/whistle on the switch and the other end attached to my PFD buckles...I have taken a sling shot to the face more than i like to remember..I wear it back on the wrist now..

JP3

Went up to Daytona with a known dead battery so and I had a buddy bring an extra but decided not to use it and instead jump/charge from my car battery. Went out and the steering cable broke on me. Brought it back in and bought a steering cable from Chris (jetmaniac). Change the cable on the beach, started the ski up and got past the break and went to catch a wave when I fell off and the ski died. Well, the battery was dead once again and I was in the breaking waves with a dead ski. The tide was going out and I was in about 5-7 ft of water. Just enough to not be able to get my footing. About 4 guys had to help me get it back in. Wasn't really embarrassed so much as incredibly pissed off due to a completely wasted day when the surf was good. It was an odyssey battery that was overcharged and gassed out. I didn't know that the battery was completely shot when this happens. I have a spare deka battery at all times now.

A couple years into dating a girl, now my wife, I was riding her parents brand new SXR. I tried to jump a boat wave but instead I plowed through it and the hood got ripped off. The engine compartment completely filled with water and I was freaking out. I was trying to hold the ski up / swimming with my life jacket on, because I was afraid the ski would sink right to the bottom. My wife came over with the Sea-doo and I tried to climb onto the back so we could drag the ski in to the beach. When I climbed on I proceeded to tip the Sea-doo over and my wife fell in the lake. Her brother then came over with a different Sea-doo and and I was able to hang onto the ski and drag onto the beach. (still not quite sure how I got the hood in with the ski) Flip it over, dump the water out and crank it with the plugs out = good to go. I think they still remind me of it every year at the cottage.

A couple years into dating a girl, now my wife, I was riding her parents brand new SXR. I tried to jump a boat wave but instead I plowed through it and the hood got ripped off. The engine compartment completely filled with water and I was freaking out. I was trying to hold the ski up / swimming with my life jacket on, because I was afraid the ski would sink right to the bottom. My wife came over with the Sea-doo and I tried to climb onto the back so we could drag the ski in to the beach. When I climbed on I proceeded to tip the Sea-doo over and my wife fell in the lake. Her brother then came over with a different Sea-doo and and I was able to hang onto the ski and drag onto the beach. (still not quite sure how I got the hood in with the ski) Flip it over, dump the water out and crank it with the plugs out = good to go. I think they still remind me of it every year at the cottage.

I would too!

and you will NEVER live it down

kcmasterpiece

Sweet Baby Ray's Sucks
yep matt's right....if you've never been hit in the back or top of the head with a handlepole you cannot call yourself a jetskier!

Ive done the head bash thing as well as have the pole come down and smash the stock flame arrestor into pieces. what a dumb way to end the day, lucky for me i had a role of duct tape and was able to puzzle piece it back together.

BTW, anyone have a stock flame arrestor they want to sell me? lol (yea, its still taped up, been a few months now)

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Here are pictures of my most embarrassing moment.

Except at the time, i thought i was cool. Look at my face in the last pic, im totally showing off. Standing up and everything!!! (this was back in 08 or 09, before i knew what a stand up was) I hate to admit it, but i was indeed a coucher once....sorry guys!

Most of us have been there, its how you solve the problem that really counts, lol.

Back in the day....waxed the ski(couch) night before, pulled up to a gas station, stuck the nozzle into the neck but not deep enough, fumes plus electric static equals fire , reacted squeezed the nozzle and sprayed the whole ski with gas......the whole thing is in flames in the middle of a gas station. Friend ran into the station to get a extuinguisher and put it out. Went to the car wash , cleand it off and off to the lake!!! :fing02:

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Mines more funny than embarrassing, well b/c everyone poops, lol. At the last Lake Martin ride I had to take a huge dump, and there really wasnt any good spots to go in the woods and leave my ski, and I dont go in the water, it just feels wrong. So I shot across the lake to a park/campground, as im pulling up all eyes are on me and its packed. You would think they have never seen a stand up before. A group of kids run up and start asking what all I can do, and do I flip and roll it, (im on a 650 SN btw lol) I yell no! I cant do any of that! I run in and destroy the toilet and come out and theres even more people around the ski and all eyes were on the bathroom waiting for me to come out. They kept asking me to do tricks, I just said I was low on fuel and had to get back. I just thought it was funny b/c they all know I didnt ride across the lake to go take a piss in a toilet, lol.

I wasn't too embarrassed, more disappointed that nobody got it on video, but I was out on the lake with my 02 SJ on a pretty busy weekend and thought I would get some good air on a decent boat wake, I pulled back too hard and my feet ended up coming out of the holds so with the ski completely upside down above my head and me directly underneath it I decided to throw it away and not have it land on me, when I came up out of the water I see that my handle pole is laying 180 deg. off on the nose piece and at least 50 or so people had seen it, so I swim to the ski as a bunch of boats come to see if I'm ok. They all said it looked awesome and I ended up driving it about 2 miles to the boat ramp one hand on the throttle, one holding the pole on the hood. (limiting rope time)
IMG_0035.jpg

Last edited:

kcmasterpiece

Sweet Baby Ray's Sucks
looks like the water shortened your pole for you. just glue and rivet that thing back on and call it done. lol

Top Bottom