Should X-H2O have a Sit-Down Section?

Would you like to see a sit-down section on this site?

• Yes, I would like a sit-down section.

Votes: 80 67.8%
  • No, I would not like a sit-down section.

Votes: 38 32.2%

• Total voters

Air Gramps

Air Gramps
I've read most of the earlier bs, but gave up. SDN, greenhulk and most other performance boards are about flatwater speed.

X-h20.com and wavejunkies.com are only about Freeride and freestyle.
Coming from the sit down world in the surf (and had a blast on it) I see no reason NOT to have a sit down section.

If you don't they can always use our site cause we don't discriminate.

Snackem

Danger Zone
I am new to the PWC world and I spent about a week surfing the net, I came across several different sites but when Matt_E told me about Xh2o I came over here to check it out. It's different than all the others. I think that it is the ecclectic mix of people that we have here that makes it different and that makes it good, adding more people will only add to the mix and make things even better. Besides how many of you used to be couchers? I did.:shhh:

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
If a watercraft is a watercraft is a watercraft then why would we need a special forum for the couches? We already have couch riders here. They seem to be doing alright without their own special section. Sure, welcome anyone and everyone, (We have people that post here that don't even ride a ski!) but I see no need to break us all up into our own sections. More than anything IMO that will make it seem like we're not all in the same game.

I think of guys like derm and chrisxp. They are as "X" as a rider can get....on seadoos! They (and guys like them) *belong* here with or without a couch section. (I know derm is standing now, but he was kicking ass on his doo)

From what I have gathered from the owners here, this is a site for anyone who lives and/or loves extreme jetskiing. I don't see that as excluding couchers in any way.

It won't bother me either way. I've always said that the couchers you find on sites like this are not the type of coucher I end up almost getting run over by every weekend.

I see what you are saying, but I think you are missing the point we are after. Go back & re-read my post #76.
Yes , there are technical forums all over, but everyone gets bored & looks to change directions somewhat. That is the alternative we are offering.
A lot of runabout guys are looking for the transition outlet to move foward. they want to keep what they have & explore the posibility for something else. In this case a stand-up. We want to give them that oppertunity.

Nah, I'm with you on what your saying.... and if done it will be great for the entire PWC scene. :headbang:
(As long as some offenders change their attitude toward things that should not matter to them) :sneaky:

Just putting my opinon out there on somethings. :biggrin:

Prem1x

Tinkering obsessed
We can have a runabout forum but the posters who post there must sign a waiver promising to try riding a standup at some point.

My better option would be to make them sign a contract requiring them to sell their couches, buy pole-skis, donate the extra cash to charity and repent their evil ways.:salook: :newangel: Then they can post about couches all day long :147:

I like the idea of the runabout section and I also don’t like the idea. Here is why, I have an 95 XP for the wife and kids and if I have a problem with the ski I would post in the Drive line section. Just like I would when and if I have problems with the JS550’s. No I do not have a Super Jet but I would like to get one. Wife cannot ride the JS and with two kids 3 and 7 the only way to have a family outing is with a couch and maybe next year another. I think people should be able to post questions or info in any section and not single section for runabouts. When Paul told me about the site I didn’t come here because of the stand up skis I came here because of the people (Which are 80% banned from PWC…). I like the site the way it is and these runabout people are the same people who could be converted to the stand up group some day. I am getting too old listening to people piss and moan about runabout skis, just take the vote and do what you want.

Doug

PS. I know an XP is a hand grenade with the pin pulled. :banghead:

Superjeff

maumee river rat
to be honest im a PWCtoday convert and I still venture back but this thread is what everyone thinks is sOOOO heated but to be honest its ten times worse at pWCtoday everyone is so damn oppinionated nad so bitter about their lives or something...so lets let people have spats but why cant we all jsut get along let couchers be couchers I like this forum and i hope it stays small but at same time i bought a stand up because all the stand upers said it was amazing and thats why im here today so we do need to pull in more people like me...is there an Idk choice??? i just hate the trvial arguing so let it stay at pwc...

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
If a watercraft is a watercraft is a watercraft then why would we need a special forum for the couches? We already have couch riders here. They seem to be doing alright without their own special section. Sure, welcome anyone and everyone, (We have people that post here that don't even ride a ski!) but I see no need to break us all up into our own sections. More than anything IMO that will make it seem like we're not all in the same game.

I agree 100%

adding another section is OK i guess if they feel they need it.

but its not like the sections now are "stand up only" sections.

In my opinion, the only thing stopping sitdown guys from coming here now is, the fact that they dont want to.

Keep in mind guys, I own 3 sitdowns.

:biggrin:

T-bone

brraap....thats so 2002
rodney king....rodney king.....rodney king....rodney king.....rodney king....rodney king.....rodney king....rodney king.....rodney king....rodney king.....rodney king....rodney king.....

hangtime

Speak up ,don't kiss azz
i agree we need a blaster section too ! not just SITDOWNS :biggthumpup:

Ummmm ..............Blaster is a sitdown dude. it has a seat in case you didnt notice .I have one myslef and when I'm not tin the mood for the azz kicking the SJ hands out I take a break and ride the Blaster .

I voted YES as I've had many couches and standups .

The Blaster is more like a loveseat :haha:

sicki

Ride hard, put away wet!
First off, how the heck are 119% people voting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second, there need not be a separate section, like Kawasakit2me stated way earlier... IF they like to freeride, post in the freeride section, if they have motor problems, post in driveline.... the "how to wax my RXP questions" can be posted in a "newbie section".

Remember the sit is called x-h20, not x-standup only. (heck my first race ever was on a Yam Pro VXR, hows that for couch riding!!)

Joe GeSICKI

thrllskr

Converted Coucher
the "how to wax my RXP questions" can be posted in a "newbie section".

Smartest idea I've heard yet. We don't need a "couch" section but rather a "newbie" section.

But only if we can flag or flame both newbies and veterans for posting dumb questions in the wrong area!

Top Bottom