Other sketchy situation

So I've been trying to sell my crf250r. I just got a guy who called me. He wants the bike but he needs me to deliver it. He sounds black over the phone. He is about an hour from me. He's in the brox NY near the 52 police precinct. He wants to pay my asking price and give me $200 for delivery.

I told him I would think about it.

I'm thinking of going in day light with a friend who has his pistol permit.

If I go in day light, park right next to the police station and have a friend with a pistol I think it should be ok.

What do you guys think?

Just for your knowledge .. Just cause your friend has a valid NY pistol permit it is illegal for him to carry inside the city limits ... NY city is a whole other world as far as hand guns are concerned ... The only people they alow to carry are police and city officials ... And the criminals of coarse ... It's says right on the NY permit not valid in NY city... There are good and bad people in every race so just be careful

I would do it and bring the the buddy with the pistol permit. Even if you are not "allowed" to have it in NY city no one is going to know you have it unless you need to use it. I do agree there is good and bad people in every race but I also bring a pistol with me anytime I buy or sell something through craigslist.

Me and my buddy were driving home one night pulled over becasue a cop car was coming twords us. The drivers door of audi 15ft infront of us in the other lane swung open as the cop got close. A black guy jumped out of the car and ran accross the street in between houses. The cop got out and chased the guy. He left the audi in gear and it rolled down a hill and through a fence. The next day online we found the article about it. The guy and a couple others had a car theft operation going where they test drove vehicles and when the owner got out of the passanger seat they took off and stole them.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/n...spect-tells-police-hes-part-of-car-theft-ring

Deffinatley in the top 10 things I have witnessed so far in life. It did however change all my future craigslist transactions.

Will

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
1) Do not bring a handgun into NYC as stated above. Mandatory YEARS in prison is not fun if something goes wrong.
2) The Bronx.....NO F___KING WAY! Unless he paypal's you ahead of time with an instant transfer, and you wait +2week for it to clear....I bet $20 that he will offer you less then half your asking price once you show up. That is assuming that his plan is not just to rob you. (most likely)

Sounds strange. Did he say why he needed you to deliver the bike? How is he going to transport it later on?

I know around here "darker" neighborhoods people sell drugs off dirt bikes. Makes for a fast get away, and able to cut between houses.

1) Do not bring a handgun into NYC as stated above. Mandatory YEARS in prison is not fun if something goes wrong.
2) The Bronx.....NO F___KING WAY! Unless he paypal's you ahead of time with an instant transfer, and you wait +2week for it to clear....I bet $20 that he will offer you less then half your asking price once you show up. That is assuming that his plan is not just to rob you. (most likely)

I will admit i dont know alot about the area or the laws. If your talking mandatory prison time probobly best to not bring a firearm. There is a chance the person knows this and that is why he wants to meet you in that location. Probobly a good idea to call off this transaction.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
If he doesn't have the means to get out of the Bronx to meet you and buy the bike, he doesn't have the means to buy it or own it. Don't waste another minute thinking about it.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
I will admit i dont know alot about the area or the laws. If your talking mandatory prison time probobly best to not bring a firearm. There is a chance the person knows this and that is why he wants to meet you in that location. Probobly a good idea to call off this transaction.

I am a huge supporter of CCW, but in NJ and NYC....the penalties are made to be so harsh (mandatory years in prison) that its not worth it for the non-criminal to risk it. Only criminals are armed here (outside of the home).

This is in New York City. There is NO WHERE to legally ride an MX bike anywhere within hours....LOL! Wydopen has it 100% right! Rear wheel only.

That was kinda my point if he doesn't have a truck to come and pick it up how is he going to transport it to a place to ride either track or trails

Do not have him come to your house. Thats how a good community goes bad.

Top Bottom