Ski won't start?

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
There is a hole for the diaphragm to move built into the jet cover. Water will get in there and cause that between the stainless jet side plate and the aluminum carb.

Also any bit of water that ends up in your tank usually sits at the bottom of the carb and makes a mess there too.

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
But water shouldn't get past the rubber diaphragm? I had mass build up of junk consolidated around the needle and seat area. It was difficult to get the needles out and once they were out they were destroyed. One I had to drill on until it popped loose... Needles had so much build up and the rubber tips were lumpy all swollen and melted looking. Could something in my fuel be bad for these parts? Not sure what happened here but I'll be lucky if these carbs are even good... Cleaned the best I could and put new needles in the seats

Kohldanielzimmer

Sierra Nevada Runoff Rider
Site Supporter
But water shouldn't get past the rubber diaphragm? I had mass build up of junk consolidated around the needle and seat area. It was difficult to get the needles out and once they were out they were destroyed. One I had to drill on until it popped loose... Needles had so much build up and the rubber tips were lumpy all swollen and melted looking. Could something in my fuel be bad for these parts? Not sure what happened here but I'll be lucky if these carbs are even good... Cleaned the best I could and put new needles in the seats

Didn't you say you were using octane booster? I have no personal experience with the stuff but have heard such additives are not beneficial (and may be harmful) in our application.

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Yeah I fixed the aftermarket gascap situation by putting the billet filler neck on. There was no water in my fuel however. I as well believe this is from the fuel additive. The build up junk had formed only around the needle and seat area in the needles were trashed. Everything else in the carbs looked fresh

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
You can run the new gas necks with a billet cap and an old gas cap style rubber seal in the new cap. I just did one for a customer the other day.

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
34cc domes before I trashed the motor it was 185psi. It read 200 and 210 now on this new build but it is well oiled everywhere and hadn't been started before so I'm sure it was giving it a false high reading

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Been running this for years. It's all about the jetting. My piston wash looks perfect. Just pulled the head a few weeks ago to inspect.

bondra131

Thaat's braptaastic!
Damn very nice. Your Pop off is probably lower. I have 110 spring ji think. One of those oddball sizes wsm makes just like the 1.8seat. I ran what taylor Curtis said is best for a head and bpipe 701... Seems to work well

Top Bottom