skis in the back of a truck

2002zxi

Got old, bought another ski
dude, remember my setup from last summer? I pulled those things 10k miles over the summer in the bed of my fullsize dodge with the tailgate down.

damn it sucked putting them back in it though.

gj_fx1

X-H2
just worried about a headache since I wont see the vehicle until the morning before we leave.

That would be my biggest concern. Are they going to reserve it for you?
When I tried to rent a truck via enterprise a few years ago there was not one to be found within 100 miles.

Katie

Way cooler than Mark44
cool ideas, thanks guys!

Boris,

I dont trust my wifes POS chevy tahoe for the trip, and my toyota 4runner doesnt like the interstate ( big tires, 4 banger..) MGB wont pull a trailer or haul 4 people, and the bike is not an option.

:biggthumpup:

Isn't that the vehcile that left your stranded on your way to lake of the Ozarks? I won't trust it either :smile: Oh and please do not attract any deer at this campsite!

When I didn't have a trailer I just put the ski in the back of my truck and had the tail gate down since I had a crew cab and the bed of the truck wasn't very big. It was fine.

Katie

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
Yes!

same truck, I cant keep it running long enough to trade it off!

haha

There were more dear at that LOTO campsite than I have ever seen anywhere, and Ive been to a petting zoo.

Isn't that the vehcile that left your stranded on your way to lake of the Ozarks? I won't trust it either :smile: Oh and please do not attract any deer at this campsite!

When I didn't have a trailer I just put the ski in the back of my truck and had the tail gate down since I had a crew cab and the bed of the truck wasn't very big. It was fine.

Katie

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
yes, they will reserve one, flashing back to the seinfeld episode... " but I have a reservation!"

When I tried to rent a truck via enterprise a few years ago there was not one to be found within 100 miles.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
Good to know, likely better to watch!

Ill probably enlist the help of some fellow dudes in and around our campsite and brute force them into the back.

IM not wanting to fill the rear diff with lake water and then drive 800 miles.

Ummm that is what my buddy done with his dodge we would put the skis in his truck and go to the lake and at the end of the day he would back the truck in the lake and I would literaly ride the skis into the back of the truck... the thing to watch is wait a few moments after the tail lights go under bacaus you can't see it but the tailgate is floating just under the water it is a bitch it smack that thing and it throw you over the bars in to the truck bed while everyone it watching.

Ask the StLouis crew the first time I went riding with they we came back to the camp site and my buddy opened his door on his truck and water ran out.. He is such a spazz

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
I remember that,

but was your bed only 6.5 feet?

I would have asked you first, but I thought you left us for like snow mobiles, and snow skis, and some dude that works at the lodge named biff?

dude, remember my setup from last summer? I pulled those things 10k miles over the summer in the bed of my fullsize dodge with the tailgate down.

damn it sucked putting them back in it though.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Better reserve it or you will be renting a cargo van at last minute and sucking fumes from the ski all the way to GA. arriving much dumber that when you left. (Been here, done this) They will tell you they have them all the time, but I have found they have them rareley.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
Yes, I will call and reserve today.

and be checking before the day to pick it up!

Better reserve it or you will be renting a cargo van at last minute and sucking fumes from the ski all the way to GA. arriving much dumber that when you left. (Been here, done this) They will tell you they have them all the time, but I have found they have them rareley.

If worse comes to worse you could always rent a minivan, atleast you would get better gas mileage. It was quite a tight fit for two standups though.

Attachments

• 101_0288.jpg
    101_0288.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 99

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
I thought about that!

ive got my 2 kids with me until Memphis though, so I need 4 seats for the first half of the trip.

otherwise I could rent a standard cab long WB truck too!

If worse comes to worse you could always rent a minivan, atleast you would get better gas mileage. It was quite a tight fit for two standups though.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
I thought about that!

ive got my 2 kids with me until Memphis though, so I need 4 seats for the first half of the trip.

otherwise I could rent a standard cab long WB truck too!

Dude, if you're going to drop your kids off here, I would have appreciated you asking first.

(sigh) I'll get the guest room ready.

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
I used my short Aqua Cart shop stands and LOTS of ratchet straps to haul my ski and my buddy's X-2 in the bed of my truck, with a Blaster hull on my hitch hauler when I went to the Daytona ride.

Attachments

• Daytona 2007 001.jpg
    Daytona 2007 001.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 93

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
whena areyall leaving Moon?

IM thinking now we leave home around noon thursday, hit Gtown around midnight, and keep going. campsite early Friday morning.

that or get up and leave Gtown VERY early Friday morning. ( this is most likely the plan since I think the campsite is locked at 10:30pm)

we could caravan or throw beer cans at each other while in route though if the schedules mix.

:cool2:

Wait...I thought you were picking the Nashville crew up. That's going to be some cozy riding:biggthumpup:

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
that would make me as nervous as pulling a trailer that far!

haha

Im thinking LOTS of ratchet straps will be required, and Ill tarp it all in, and strap it down. too much dayum camping gear too...

:banghead:

I used my short Aqua Cart shop stands and LOTS of ratchet straps to haul my ski and my buddy's X-2 in the bed of my truck, with a Blaster hull on my hitch hauler when I went to the Daytona ride.

Moondance

Just plain me....
whena areyall leaving Moon?

IM thinking now we leave home around noon thursday, hit Gtown around midnight, and keep going. campsite early Friday morning.

that or get up and leave Gtown VERY early Friday morning. ( this is most likely the plan since I think the campsite is locked at 10:30pm)

we could caravan or throw beer cans at each other while in route though if the schedules mix.

:cool2:
Friday AM after 7:30 or so....have to take the boys to the kennel before we leave.

Top Bottom