Custom/Hybrid So After Reading Trinity Questions

Just a few questions for the board members. After reading the 24-7 thread and the other post.

Why does cracker ride bobbies.....? I understand he makes a great hull but just why are you so about him?

Bobby there are other hull makers that make a good boat. It's kind of like cars different quality for different products.

Some people aren't looking for a top of the line am hull and want something different from a stocker for not a top of the line boat price.

I don't hear Porsche ripping on Toyota for their quality or performance. They each have their different market niche.

Don't put down other companies that may not make as high of quality of product because their price shows the difference.

Last edited:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Going to chime in, I have seen the westcoast facility and regardless of what people say, I was impressed and would not hesitate buying again. It gets down to the question of value just like with cars. I don't need or desire a porsche for a number of reasons, a nice solid chevy works just fine for me.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
cracker decided to not post anymore, but beyond that, Bobby is offering 3 different layups, plus you can get just a kit which is even cheaper, so he's definitely trying to offer quality at different price levels.

I think you'll find Bobby is laying off the harsh talk recently.

all i can tell you is that lightweight de hulls compare to no others i've seen so far.but trinity still had something negative to say about it although he's never seen one in person.
interesting!

Scorn800

Ride for life
I do not know what his reasoning was but I say its bad for business,less smacktalking more hull building snap snap!

The guy has personality. He's a straight shooter who knows his product. Nothing wrong with telling people what you think about them. Kind of like not liking after hour customers:pokey: By the way I'm not liking the new name, bring back wedo:Banane01:

I've seen the pricing the only way he's competing against the 3,000 price is you doing all the leg work. His hull together is 2,000 more then a rev.

One difference is that the 3k Waterdawg hull has some % of chop matt or choppergun layup. I'm not going to say for sure, but I think it's close to 100% chop on that hull. Bobby is too proud of his work (justifiably so) to offer something that isn't going to hold up to abuse. It's just a different strategy. I'm sure he could sell a 3k hull if he wanted to, but it wouldn't be light and strong. It's much like just about any product. You can have any 2 of 3 things: strong, light, and cheap. Strong and light isn't cheap. Light and cheap isn't strong. Bobby has chosen to not compromise on strength for the sake of cheap. Sorry if I sound like a Bobby cheerleader, but I've spent some time in his shop and I know how he works. He's a third generation composite aircraft builder, I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about.

Waterdawg does actually make some pretty good hulls. I think you'll find the prices pretty even when you compare apples to apples on the layup. Good materials cost money and nobody is in this for charity.

I agree that companies probably shouldn't badmouth each other. Even when it is warranted, it doesn't present a good image.

Last edited:

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
one difference is that the 3k waterdawg hull has some % of chop matt or choppergun layup. I'm not going to say for sure, but i think it's close to 100% chop on that hull. Bobby is too proud of his work (justifiably so) to offer something that isn't going to hold up to abuse. It's just a different strategy. I'm sure he could sell a 3k hull if he wanted to, but it wouldn't be light and strong. It's much like just about any product. You can have any 2 of 3 things: Strong, light, and cheap. Strong and light isn't cheap. Light and cheap isn't strong. Bobby has chosen to no compromise on strength for the sake of cheap. Sorry if i sound like a bobby cheerleader, but i've spent some time in his shop and i know how he works. He's a third generation composite aircraft builder, i'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about.

Waterdawg does actually make some pretty good hulls. I think you'll find the prices pretty even when you compare apples to apples on the layup. Good materials cost money and nobody is in this for charity.

I agree that companies probably shouldn't badmouth each other. Even when it is warranted, it doesn't present a good image.

well spoken!!!

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
The guy has personality. He's a straight shooter who knows his product. Nothing wrong with telling people what you think about them. Kind of like not liking after hour customers:pokey: By the way I'm not liking the new name, bring back wedo:Banane01:

Sorry I don't have the website anymore so the name had to go,one less thing for these guys to make fun of anyway:twak:

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
all i can tell you is that lightweight de hulls compare to no others i've seen so far.but trinity still had something negative to say about it although he's never seen one in person.
interesting!
I have. I also had the opportunity to break down the laminate schedule. I know how the ski is put together. I could give you the exact laminate count, weight, weave style and core info. I'm sorry to come across so harsh I call it as I see it. I'm just as critical of myself if not more than the companies mentioned. I feel there should be a higher standard on products that people spend money on.

ski4

gonzo
I have. I also had the opportunity to break down the laminate schedule. I know how the ski is put together. I could give you the exact laminate count, weight, weave style and core info. I'm sorry to come across so harsh I call it as I see it. I'm just as critical of myself if not more than the companies mentioned. I feel there should be a higher standard on products that people spend money on.
:beerchug:

But everyone,

What we are trying to say is we should look at apples compared to apples exactly. The same priced hulls we should compare not a 3,000 waterdawg hull to a 5,000 dollar trinity hull. I understand you take great pride like Porsche does in its engineering. But I don't hear Porsche saying Honda's suck. It's a different market for different buyers.

IF you are looking for the best of the best then consider trinity but lets not downgrade waterdawg or other manufactures about their build schedules and layup times.

Lets compare 6-10,000 dollar hulls with eachother and 3,000 dollar hulls with eachother.

That is the problem bobby, if you do think a DE is an inferior product or XFT is then state the reasons for them not competing against your product.

Lets compare the top of the line to the top of the line and so forth.

Not all of us can afford the Ferrari when all what we are seeking is a Honda.

GinoNewOrleans

Proud REPUBLICAN
I spoke to Bobby yesterday ab a SJ hull, it seems to me he really knows what he's doing. We talked a/b all the smack talk on here from him and other people. I really feel like he was looking out, and letting people know ab the quality of some other hulls, in his opinion. It just came across the wrong way to many, he is very passionate ab his work. I think he will back off from saying anything in the future about others and let his hulls do the talking. The riders on the X are pretty smart and in time will figure out who does quality work and who does not. Just my 2cents

Big Kahuna

Administrator
But everyone,

What we are trying to say is we should look at apples compared to apples exactly. The same priced hulls we should compare not a 3,000 waterdawg hull to a 5,000 dollar trinity hull. I understand you take great pride like Porsche does in its engineering. But I don't hear Porsche saying Honda's suck. It's a different market for different buyers.

IF you are looking for the best of the best then consider trinity but lets not downgrade waterdawg or other manufactures about their build schedules and layup times.

Lets compare 6-10,000 dollar hulls with eachother and 3,000 dollar hulls with eachother.

That is the problem bobby, if you do think a DE is an inferior product or XFT is then state the reasons for them not competing against your product.

Lets compare the top of the line to the top of the line and so forth.

Not all of us can afford the Ferrari when all what we are seeking is a Honda.

Steve, I have seen Bobby speak out where he should not have. But he is a grown ass man. But I cannot recall him bad mouthing XFT or Lightweight DE. As far as WDK. I have seen several WDK Hoods that were pure junk. These were hoods that were not old at all. I have seen Rev hulls that did not even have a half a season use that was coming apart, cracks, Gelcoat/glass chipping off. Bottom section where the motormounts are just coming unglued from the bottom.

I have seen Trinitys work. Hood and Hull, it is the real deal. I looked all over Lustics, same one he lawn darted in Orange Beach. Not a crack on it...

Bottom line, the Trinity hull is top notch. Yes, you can buy a lessor hull for less money. But hulls and hoods are truley a "you get what you pay for".

I would feel better off spending 1000.00 for a trinity hood vs a 500.00 wdk hood, Blowsion or Wammer Hood.

That is exactly what I am saying you pay for what you get for so with a lower price you will expect lower quality. Lets not bash the Walmart's (Waterdawgs) if they are low quality lets respect there market and work on the market you want to be in. Which is the best of the best. Many of us do not have the money to be the best of the best so the lower quality/price after market stuff seems to get your feet wet and experience what was not able to before. That is all what I am saying.

I never stated he bashed XFT or DE I'm saying he is in their same market so lets talk about his competition not the Ferrari to the Daewoo. We all know which one is better look at the price tag.

Top Bottom