So how long? (Barrel roll content)

IKSTEJ

BOGIE
Steering setup has a huge effect on your ability to do a barrel roll.
Using an aftermarket system, and putting your pivot points in the correct position are key.
Move the point on the plate all the way out, and the point on the nozzle all the way in.
You want to get every fraction of steering out of your cable, which will require a little grinding of the steering nozzle. ( only grind enough to clear the pump)
When you get it set right you'll only have 3/4" of clearence between the nozzle, and the hull in both directions
I also cheat my steering a few degrees in the direction I roll.
The steering isn't straight but you'll forget it after the first 10 sec

Oh Yea ... Make sure your footholds are Tight !!! Keep the pole and your chin down.

Thats it I'm not telling you anymore, or you'll all be out rolling me
I got more but I'm sick of typing :)

jm2c

Steering setup has a huge effect on your ability to do a barrel roll.
Using an aftermarket system, and putting your pivot points in the correct position are key.
Move the point on the plate all the way out, and the point on the nozzle all the way in.
You want to get every fraction of steering out of your cable, which will require a little grinding of the steering nozzle. ( only grind enough to clear the pump)
When you get it set right you'll only have 3/4" of clearence between the nozzle, and the hull in both directions
I also cheat my steering a few degrees in the direction I roll.
The steering isn't straight but you'll forget it after the first 10 sec

Oh Yea ... Make sure your footholds are Tight !!! Keep the pole and your chin down.

Thats it I'm not telling you anymore, or you'll all be out rolling me
I got more but I'm sick of typing :)

jm2c

Very good advice! I'll try adjusting my steering.

Here's a couple pics we shot on monday. We didn't have much wake, but it was fun and I got some good practice in.

P1010160.jpg

P1010159.jpg

P1010156.jpg

P1010086.jpg

P1010033.jpg

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
on what looks like a roll attempt you are rolling left and you body is hanging off the right side of the ski. commit and really lean left.

I think you're talking about my buddy. I haven't attempted one yet, and I think he was just doing nose stabs, or something like that. My buddies the one on the new superjet (black one).

Y

yamaslut

fyi - on straight jumps keep your legs straight and move your body forward toward the bars. Your waist should be way closer to the center of the ski... Looks cleaner and you are in more balanced and in control that way..

DSC_0125.jpg

Daytona_ride_41506_010.jpg

all tricks require you to be in or near this position except the begining of the backflip you sit down... (if it's a small wave) Get use to jumping like this, cause it will help.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
fyi - on straight jumps keep your legs straight and move your body forward toward the bars. Your waist should be way closer to the center of the ski... Looks cleaner and you are in more balanced and in control that way..

DSC_0125.jpg

all tricks require you to be in or near this position except the begining of the backflip you sit down... (if it's a small wave) Get use to jumping like this, cause it will help.

LOL NICK, just say it, QUIT DUMP JUMPing LOL he can take it he has thick skin he lives in the artic north.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing

DSC_0125.jpg

Even though it is so simple, Cuong (2ride) does some awesome looking look-backs when he jumps the white wash, keeping his body in the position as your pictures.

Y

yamaslut

Even though it is so simple, Cuong (2ride) does some awesome looking look-backs when he jumps the white wash, keeping his body in the position as your pictures.

it's all about style baby...

Attachments

• JDM_0316 small.jpg
    JDM_0316 small.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:

felix5oh

Carajo,gringos apestosos
Where do you put your feet when landing?

I cant do any tricks, i'm just asking. It looks though your pushing down on the bars as your leaning to that side when the pump comes out of the water.

Right on. Thanks for the advice! I'll deff keep that in mind. I think the more time I spend on these boards, the quicker I'll become a much better rider!

Y

yamaslut

Right on. Thanks for the advice! I'll deff keep that in mind. I think the more time I spend on these boards, the quicker I'll become a much better rider!

exactly.... we will have ya on the "accelerated program"
:Banane01:

Do you have footholds?

What is a Solas Butterfly Impellor??? ;)

No, I'm waiting to do the footholds until this winter I think, but I do have some new turf, and some lifter wedges on the way. I think the lifter wedges will help tons, as I can already lift the back of the ski pretty easily with nothing (just pushing my feet out against the sides of the tray).

Solas is just the brand of the impeller.

Top Bottom