Other So two years ago who would have thought

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Who would have though WFO would be obsessed with what the mods here do in their personal time? I'm not sure why he cares either, since he's not the one doing stuff to get banned but is just overly concerned about the people that do the stuff he only talks about.

Terry/WFO, worry about yourself and your own life more and less about what some people that run a jetski site do. Get out and do something, like mountain bike or whatever, it's good for you both mentally and physically, and way cheaper than jetskis.

Jett I find this whole thing quite ironic coming from you, especially since you have shown so much interest and concern about what I and other members post over at PWCT. (Don't worry about how I know , just know that I do know) I. I don't post here that much anymore, you have been wildly successful in running off many of the same people this website was supposedly started for, they took their knowledge with them when they left.

There is a vast difference between bellyaching and stating facts and opinions, you should know this BK, your posts lead me to believe otherwise though. I get it its your site and you will run it the way you want, God only knows we get it by now, you have told us enough times.

Try following your own advice for a change , I am a little older than you and probably don't need your advice at this point in my life, but if I ever do I will be sure and let you know.:no:

Last edited:

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
Jett I find this whole thing quite ironic coming from you, especially since you have shown so much interest and concern about what I and other members post over at PWCT. (Don't worry about how I know , just know that I do know) I. I don't post here that much anymore, you have been wildly successful in running off many of the same people this website was supposedly started for, they took their knowledge with them when they left.

There is a vast difference between bellyaching and stating facts and opinions, you should know this BK, your posts lead me to believe otherwise though. I get it its your site and you will run it the way you want, God only knows we get it by now, you have told us enough times.

Try following your own advice for a change , I am a little older than you and probably don't need your advice at this point in my life, but if I ever do I will be sure and let you know.:no:

The BS is certainly 10 times deeper on the other site, I do not see how anyone can even log onto it.
Just curious, who specifically would you say has been run off by the mods/owners?

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Nevermind him, he likes to talk like he's always in trouble, when he's not, about stuff that happened, that didn't.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
All the pro riders, manufacturers and aftermarket companies that don't post much on this site or flat out left that I have talked to have left because there was not ENOUGH moderation. Basically, they came on here and their threads got derailed by ignorance or they got harassed by the same 4 douchebags over and over and over.....and it got old.

....and none of them post at the other site because it is even worse :usa2:

Last edited:
All the pro riders, manufacturers and aftermarket companies that don't post much on this site or flat out left that I have talked to have left because there was not ENOUGH moderation. Basically, they came on here and their threads got derailed by ignorance or they got harassed by the same 4 douchebags over and over and over.....and it got old.

....and none of them post at the other site because it is even worse :usa2:

I would have to pretty much agree 100%. This stupid arguing that is going on here is not adding anything positive at all. It is a shame because I thought this was a really good thread.

As for the pro rider comment from Mark...there are some guys out there who have really busted their asses and actually made great progress for the sport and a little money for themselves. I'm not including myself in that group because my riding/advertising/whatever business was not a success. But there are a handful of guys that are making pretty good money right now. It comes more from training than traditional sponsorship, but it exists. Regardless of how much money someone makes at a something, I think it is pretty hard to argue that the level of lots of the guys out there now is not professional, especially where flat water is concerned. But what is the point of trying to help with advice, etc. if half the members just want to argue.

Rant over...back to looking for work.

Last edited:
Just going back to the aftermarket oem hulls.. Say one of the hull builders stepped up and released a turnkey 'aftermarket' boat, aren't they going to have the exact same issues Yamaha have with it being a 2 stroke? Or am I missing something?

lake-skater15

The sinker of skis.
Just going back to the aftermarket oem hulls.. Say one of the hull builders stepped up and released a turnkey 'aftermarket' boat, aren't they going to have the exact same issues Yamaha have with it being a 2 stroke? Or am I missing something?

I think smaller companies don't get affected by that law. Plus if they did do that the only thing the government could do is not let you register it. So it'd be fine.

Boris

The Good Old Days

They could sell it as a kit and charge to assemble.
One product, 2 invoices.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
I think smaller companies don't get affected by that law. Plus if they did do that the only thing the government could do is not let you register it. So it'd be fine.

That, to me anyway, is a great question. I seem to remember something in the U.S. constitution about "equal protection under the law"
Seems lately that some laws apply to some and not others. (i.e: obamacare waivers)

At least here in the US for the volume that a product like this would potentially do, it could be sold as a "kit" like others have said. And the "kit" could then be assembled by who ever is producing them. I don't know exactly why that is acceptable, but it is.

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
I had a nice chat with the Waterdawg guys at the world finals. They said as long as it's a couple hundred PWC a year they can still be considered a "custom" shop. They don't have to worry about EPA or coast guard regulations. They also said they checked about registration. All 50 states will register them with a little extra paperwork to get a HIN number and an inspection.

Just on the marine side of things Yamaha and Kawasaki make a LOT of couches. Yamaha makes boats and outboards too. The EPA and coast guard are all over them.

Its all about the surf!
Even after talking with Fuzzy, I’m not a 100% clear why Kawasaki has chosen to discontinue the SXR. They already have the tooling so it’s not costing them anything in R&D. They could sell them as “competition only” craft which are un-register able like Yamaha plans to do with the Super Jet. If unit sales are really that bad, they could make them to order. The un-register able part doesn’t bother me, we already know how to get around that :)

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Even after talking with Fuzzy, I’m not a 100% clear why Kawasaki has chosen to discontinue the SXR. They already have the tooling so it’s not costing them anything in R&D. They could sell them as “competition only” craft which are un-register able like Yamaha plans to do with the Super Jet. If unit sales are really that bad, they could make them to order. The un-register able part doesn’t bother me, we already know how to get around that :)

They are built on an assembly line. Switching over to build 100 of a low cost model doesn't make much sense when you can build 10000 of one that costs twice as much.

Its all about the surf!
They are built on an assembly line. Switching over to build 100 of a low cost model doesn't make much sense when you can build 10000 of one that costs twice as much.

I'm not familair with how assembly lines work. Are you saying Kawasaki only has one line and in order to make SXR's they have to stop making couch's? If the made per order idea won't work it seems like they can make a run of 500 SXR's per year then. Are they not even selling 500 units yearly worldwide?

Top Bottom