Southeast Michigan ride?

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
is the riding spot far from where we put in? I have a 8.5 liter tank.... just wanna make sure I can get to fuel when I need it... how do you guys usually setup?

You can ride the gas tank in the tray of your ski or leave the gas tank at the launch and ride back to fill up. It is not a far ride to head back and fill up, you could ride back and forth many times just on your reserve without any worry.

I hope the 17th has waves like they are predicting this weekend!

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
hehe... no reserve on this tank :) clunk pickup...

I will prob just strap one of my 5gal tanks in my tray and ride out with it... maybe some one will know someone with a boat that can bring a bunch of containers out for us... either way- sounds like Ill be covered. I hope we get good weather next weekend.

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention about the size of the tank you're riding with.

Yea, you will be fine putting the tank in the front of the tray and riding it over to the beach at the Hot Hole.

Too far out for a wave report for the 17th, but I can't wait.

I was out Friday the 9th, the water temp is reported at 50 degrees. I wore 2/3 full wet suit and additional jacket part of suit to keep my upper body warm. I never even felt the water when I was in the lake. The waves were 2 - 4 ft and was a blast.

I love having all of Lake Erie to myself this time of year. Only a few fishing boats were out in the waves from Sterling State Park and 1 kayaker.

I am keeping an eye on the weather... dont want to go if its totally crappy... but everyone is still down with a few showers right?

I am in, who cares if there are a few showers :lightning:. Here is the Lake Erie off shore forecast from Detroit River to Maumee Bay Ohio. I am getting my forecast at www.wunderground.com/MAR/LE/146.html

The near shore forecast doesnt show as far out as Saturday yet. But a west wind won't generate near shore waves.

Saturday
West winds 15 to 25 knots becoming northwest 10 to 20 knots. Chance of showers. Waves 4 to 6 feet.

Let me know when anybody wants to meet up, or get food in the morning.

Nathan

I thought this was at the hothole, and the hothole didnt really get waves anyways? never been there, so I dont know...

Correct, the hothole itself doesnt get any, but you do have to ride from the launch to the hothole and some guys like to ride both in and out of the hothole for the waves when they are kickin.

Top Bottom