Southern IL. ride planned at Talley cabin

Open to all riders

Place: Westfrankfort Lake, IL.
Date: August 18 - 20th

Ok guys, We are gong to use my brothers cabin at the lake for the weekend. It is pretty small but cozy 5 room cabin. There are 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. 2 or 3 air matresses and some floor space. There is plenty of
room on our property for a few tents and there is alot more room in the parking lot.

The lake is pretty small but nice about a mile long and 1/3 mile wide. plenty of room to play on. Here is a picture of the water from the deck. There is a beach now at the edge of the water but you get the picture.

Let me know if your attending so that I can try to see how much room we have.

Directions: From Interstate 57 in Illinois take exit 65 (Westfrankfort exit) IL. Rt 149 then head EAST about 8.8 miles you will see a sign that says Westfrankfort lake. The road is New lake road. Turn Right (south) go 1 mile till you cross the lake. Take first right on Old lake road. Then first road to the right is Gordon lane. Take it to the first road to the right which is Killian lane. Look for sign that says Talley Lane and a big gravel parking lot. SO take the first road to right at lake sign and first right, first right, first right. NOT hard to find. Unless your form the big city. LOL

Here is a map of the last few turns. Follow the yellow line......

Remember to let me know who is attending.

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Not far from home

Count me in.Might be able to talk Anita into coming.And yes Terry she will be riding the KFC.Hope to have EVERYONE THERE. Small lake,but very clean.Good for photo shots,will try to bring vidieo camera.:cool2:

Yah-ki

Meramec Monitors
Allrighty, then. I reckon I'll try to make it. Hey JR, is that 149 the same as thru murphysboro and can I come from the other direction as if I were coming from Kinkaid?? -T

Katie

Way cooler than Mark44
Yah-ki said:
Allrighty, then. I reckon I'll try to make it. Hey JR, is that 149 the same as thru murphysboro and can I come from the other direction as if I were coming from Kinkaid?? -T

Terry two posts from you in one day....is that a record? :biggrin:

Katie

WET BOX

STL Crew
*NewsFlash* Maria has a "problem" with me going on this trip. Apparently the weekend before and after with her and family is not enough. I have hope to get it worked out though.

This blows.....but my clothes are not on the porch anymore!:Banane01:

Has anyone talked to scotty about this trip. I can ask him if anyone cares?

later
John

John, Everyone is welcome and you might need to straighten this "problem thing out" or I will give you $2000 for your ski..... I know that you say your not selling it BUT just remember that I offered first when it goes up for sale .... LOL

Terry you can take 149 all the way there but it jogs around all over the place and some places the turns are not marked. But if you look at the map a better way to go is just go east past Kincaid and keep going east on 149 till you get to Rt. 13 keep going east on it untill you get to Rt 37 in Marion. Then go north untill you get to 149 in Westfrankfort. Turn right or east and follow the other directions. That will keep you off of the interstate and it is the quickest route. And what about Brian anyone call him?? The abductor van will look good parked in the drive. It will keep all the little kids away...LOL

And YOYO You have to make this one I have heard about you "riding" before but I have never personally seen you "ride"... Do you really ride or just drive around and meet with everyone as they are leaving???...LOL I have passed you a few time just like that...LOL

Last edited:
I will try ! The little one is gettin her wisdom teeth cut out, and I do remember riding/breaking down with you at rend 2 years ago !!! I may have to come just to get my avator taken by marks photography !!

Mark44

Katie's Boss
f

WET BOX said:
*NewsFlash* Maria has a "problem" with me going on this trip. Apparently the weekend before and after with her and family is not enough. I have hope to get it worked out though.

This blows.....but my clothes are not on the porch anymore!:Banane01:

Has anyone talked to scotty about this trip. I can ask him if anyone cares?

later
John

We need to talk! :cool2:

Mark44

PS:
Yes call Scotty

Yah-ki

Meramec Monitors
Thanks JR, I think I'll just shoot over 154 again to Rend, then just shoot down from there. Damn, that's quite a bit of "shoot"ing. Also, after reading your original directions at the top of this thread, Don't you mean head east on 149 8.8 miles??? It says "west" on your post. I talked to Brian today and he says he would like to go, but he's not 100% sure yet. If so, leave room in your truck to take the little man's 300 home. (you could probably strap that thing to the hood). As for accommodations, I'll tent and I imagine Brian will van it. (should maybe have a child roll call before he turns in) lol. seeya -T

Mark44

Katie's Boss
d

yoyo said:
I will try ! The little one is gettin her wisdom teeth cut out, and I do remember riding/breaking down with you at rend 2 years ago !!! I may have to come just to get my avator taken by marks photography !!

Not a problem for me to take pictures but you may need to get that ski up out of the water.
Like in the upper left of this thread. Oh yea, that’s Yamaha Power though. :biggthumpup:

Mark44

WET BOX

STL Crew
I'm working it out! gary is up for this trip as well. I dont care where I sleep. I'm just going to try to get there!

XFT LOU

1 hp./1.83lbs
All of those crashed, dozens lately w/ the brain bucket. Now w/out for one moment on the Mississippi bam! Sat night getting stapeled up and the doctors lecture. I have a Pro tec wake size small arriving thur you can try for size, cause these make you frown...

Attachments

• IMG_9770 pissed.JPG
    IMG_9770 pissed.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 130
I think you guys have a thing going with the helmet companys. First Mark bangs his head into something and geta a bunch of stiches. I believe that his chair slid out from under him at work and his Cheerios bowl done that one and now Louie knocks himslef on the knoggin and orders a helmet... I think it is a conspiracy.

Hope your ok Lou and OK to ride weather you done it your self or not :biggrin: ... Richard cut part of his thumb off so he will be taking it easy at the ride also if he is allowed to get in the water by then.

Top Bottom