Square nose hood

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
the sn as the best hight for freestyle and I have compared the rn lowered hood with mine and they are the same. and as for the design it does look better with the pole near flush with the hood versus looking like an FX1 or Kaw 550. Believe me I have gone some design issue a few time and came back up a bit. Morty gunty saw the Beta hood and nose on a ski yesterday and he liked the look and that was on a hull that is cut up on the gunwale like an sxr he say that does not look like a sn anymore. I'm doing some change to make it more easy to fit on ski so you guys bear with me. I'm almost there..

:woot::Banane25::party: gonna b nice...only wish i had the skillz for something of this magnitude. keep up the good R&D.

Attachments

• beavis_and_butthead_experience_front.jpg
    beavis_and_butthead_experience_front.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 35

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
the sn as the best hight for freestyle and I have compared the rn lowered hood with mine and they are the same. and as for the design it does look better with the pole near flush with the hood versus looking like an FX1 or Kaw 550.

Dont get me wrong, I love the look. Its absolutely gorgeous. My only problems in my own personal experience is the SN hood is not actually its height. Just the fact that the nose is so incredibly low the slope is very steep. I am always having the tendency to slip downward. Perhaps you addressed this with a taller nose piece i cannot tell.

I was just wondering your reasoning though. And I love the handholds. make some of those drop in ready and you got a customer right here.

surfjetlouie

R.I.P. 11/27/2008
Dont get me wrong, I love the look. Its absolutely gorgeous. My only problems in my own personal experience is the SN hood is not actually its height. Just the fact that the nose is so incredibly low the slope is very steep. I am always having the tendency to slip downward. Perhaps you addressed this with a taller nose piece i cannot tell.

I was just wondering your reasoning though. And I love the handholds. make some of those drop in ready and you got a customer right here.

Here are some pix of the nose. it is taller in the center. and I do have the same problem as you do with the OEM nose pc it is to steep.

Attachments

• nose pc for the sn 001.JPG
    nose pc for the sn 001.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 108
  • nose pc for the sn 002.JPG
    nose pc for the sn 002.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 86
  • nose pc for the sn 003.JPG
    nose pc for the sn 003.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 83
  • nose pc for the sn 004.JPG
    nose pc for the sn 004.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 71

Pablo

Site Supporter
louie, ur killing me. my sn is drooling and messing up the shop floor. it's like the Pavlovian dog experiment. she sees the nice nose and hood and wants it badddddd!

Fro Diesel

creative control
louie, ur killing me. my sn is drooling and messing up the shop floor. it's like the Pavlovian dog experiment. she sees the nice nose and hood and wants it badddddd!
dude, you're supposed to seal those drain hole in the tray back up before you ride.

Fox...I have the same problem doing fountains and tricks. If i am on the hood and my throttle modulation isn't just right...if i let off the gas too quick inertia pulls me right off the front. I am going to turf my nose peice and see if it helps any. If it fails i'll be in the market for one of these setups for the next time i build a sn.

surfjetlouie

R.I.P. 11/27/2008
not the best pix, and excuse the mess. these where taken on the loft where I do my custom shaping and storage too.
So enjoy.

Attachments

• sn hood on hull 010.JPG
    sn hood on hull 010.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 145
  • sn hood on hull 009.JPG
    sn hood on hull 009.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 159
  • sn hood on hull 011.JPG
    sn hood on hull 011.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 143
  • sn hood on hull 012.JPG
    sn hood on hull 012.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 107
  • sn hood on hull 013.JPG
    sn hood on hull 013.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 241

FreestyleFreak

Region 7 AM Freestyle
freestyle hood

louie man you did an amazing job.it looks KILLER!i wish i had the 600 buck to blow on a bada$$ set-up like that.

Pablo

Site Supporter
lookn' niiiiiiice. ur such a tease with these pics. i'm having trouble standing straight up in class with this boner.

surfjetlouie

R.I.P. 11/27/2008
Like this?
I do not have much room there to take good pictures and the light is not the best.

Attachments

• sn hood on hull 004.JPG
    sn hood on hull 004.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

surfjetlouie

R.I.P. 11/27/2008
Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback.
as today I have assembled the hood#2 and next week #3 the first couple are try out for my ski and a local friend BETA hood sort off.
I have figured a price for it and I will be running it as a promo for 2 month. then after that will see how raw mtl price and shipping does to us. so here is the promo price ship to 48 states................................. $650 for the nose and the hood.
Now I will not take paypal unless you paid the fees 3%.
I will take order when the hood is ready to be shipped. I will not take someone $$ until the hood is ready for shipping.

His sponsons look pretty trick. Just got my set. I am going to install next week. Good quality fiberglass and good finish.Would expect the same with this hood and nose piece.

Top Bottom