Super Jet Square nose super jet

I'm thinking of doing some mods to my 1990 SN stock hull.. I already got all of the engine parts for it for some power, just want to see what you guys are doing to the hulls of your SN superjets.

You never really see a lot of people making a nice freestyle hill out of them.. They're supposed to be stronger than the RN hull, yet they over power our squares.
Post some pictures of your squares in this thread.. Curious to see what you have done!!

760a1053.jpg

95 superjet, stock 701 with 46mm carb and protec pipe, 9/17 skat, scupper, footholds, tubbies, ac pole, blowsion steering with bike bars, 500 bilge, reinforced hull, lots of turf! It a great ski, I bought it pretty much the way it is.. I'm ready to buy a RN hull tho and switch everything over!

Last edited:
Why are you switching to the RN the squares are supposed to be stronger.. i would move to a RN hull too if there was ever one for sale in Ontario for a decent price..

Im pretty sure if my SN wasn't reinforced it would be in a water grave already. They are weak hulls, i destroyed the hood and nose piece. Search on here there are lots of SN builds

i've been looking around here and a lot of posts say that the SN hulls are more druable and stronger than the RN hulls.. is that wrong? They cant be too strong anyways.. I'm moving my 650 stock engine out and putting a 701 2mm over top end, with B pipe, 46mm carb and the wetjet kraze intake into my hull... After i got my 650 out i found a crack on either side of the hull, one that was already fixed on the outside from the previous owner, and the other went right through the hull.. but i dont think it was bad enough to let much water through.. we glassed both sides of the hull to fix it and reinforce it. I want to get more into flatwater freestyle but without spending a fortune on those aftermarket hulls. This setup will make a pretty big difference than what i had before!

96-07 is the same exact bottom hull.. they just changed the look of the top and they are lighter.. as far a durability... every surf ski needs to be reinforced so it wouldnt really matter, but i highly doubt that the square is any more durable. im almost positive my hull is water logged like a mofo so instead of ripping off my turf and putting a ton of money into fixxing it, id rather just upgrade to a nicer looking(imo), lighter hull.

there is nothing wrong with a square...do footholds a refoam and hood mod and be done with it...all this can be done for cheap, alot of it is just labour intensive, plus you'll learn alot doing it.

LOL no way am i getting to do footholds, refoam, and a hood mod.. my dad doesnt want to touch fiberglass work for some reason. we glassed over two cracks that we found on either side of the hull last week and that didnt seem too bad. i guess i just have to convince him to let me dig into it!!

IMG-20120304-00445.jpgIMG-20120304-00446.jpgIMG-20120304-00447.jpgIMG-20120304-00448.jpg

that big crack has already been pached from the outside, but we decided to throw a couple of layers of glass on it anyways to strengthen it. On the other side it wasnt as big but it hasnt been pached so we put 3 layers over that. The hull wasn't in as good of shape as we thought it was in..

he says that the turf is in too good of condition to rip up. but maybe i will have to start cutting the tray up when he isnt looking..:tapedshut:

yea but ,, I can read here LOL .. anyways Robbie .. then we wouldnt need to buy yours ! .. hey wetjet is gone today .. and also sold a few kawasaki parts .. putting together a "fund" envelope to put towards your hull .. get to work on her :)

LOL no way am i getting to do footholds, refoam, and a hood mod.. my dad doesnt want to touch fiberglass work for some reason. we glassed over two cracks that we found on either side of the hull last week and that didnt seem too bad. i guess i just have to convince him to let me dig into it!!

View attachment 176339View attachment 176340View attachment 176341View attachment 176342

that big crack has already been pached from the outside, but we decided to throw a couple of layers of glass on it anyways to strengthen it. On the other side it wasnt as big but it hasnt been pached so we put 3 layers over that. The hull wasn't in as good of shape as we thought it was in..

What kind of resin are you using? Its it Poly based?

resin is still in the cans in the garage ,, a buddy lent us some to use up a bit since not a huge job .. he said it was the right stuff . much better than the fibergalss repair kit that we were going to buy at canadian tire .. we dont know much except that it seems to have bonded hard and adhered well .. three layers .. looks good :) hope it did the trick for us ..

Top Bottom