Super Jet Steve's first Ski Builld (SN Superjet 701)

What did you do in terms of reinforcing the hull? I am like you i am new to the superjet family and i have one two sn superjets one is built complete and set up well for flat water racing the other I am building for freestyle. Also what kind of rivets do you use on your foot holds anything specail there?

I reinforced the sides and nose of the motor compartment. I used 2 layers of thick fiberglass, i can't remember but it was around 20mil fiberglass.. As far as the foot holdes i used 3/16 rivets and just used enough to hold the footholds while i layered 2 to 3 layers of thin fiberglass over the edges of the footholds.

As far as the hood liner, I sealed the original vent holes in the hood and in order to do that I had to cut up the original hood liner. I sealed the original hood vents because i have read that the do not do a good job of keeping water out of the engine compartment, so i added new vents on the hood by the foot tray.

Picture time..

Finally here are some pictures
IMG_0267.jpgIMG_0268.jpgSki mocked up with the handle pole
IMG_0269.jpgIMG_0271.jpgIMG_0270.jpg 701cc with B Pipe
IMG_0272.jpgIMG_0273.jpgPic of Mikuni Carb. Looks like it has been built by Buckshot so my buddy made be a custom aluminum plate so I could still use the stock spark arrestor.. Came out sweet...

Something I thought I might add.. I was pretty disappointed with Watcon and the way my order was handled. I ordered the hood seal on saturday off of his website and on the final confirmation there was a total of $27 with no shipping charges, so i figured maybe it was free shipping,. Then Monday I got an email for Watcon saying that the seal is $27 and to ship to CA is another $14... I think that is ridiculous considering that USPS has flat rate priority mail boxes that will ship that seal for only $3.. Had I had known that shipping was going to be the same price as half of the part I was ordering, I maybe would not have ordered it. I just think that the shipping should have been upfront on his website when I ordered the part.. To me that is a a crazy expensive shipping cost on something that weights nothing and is not very big...

Last edited:
yea ill take a justin beiber cut with a nice trim around my ears lol your skis coming out good Steve for the 2 months youve been working on it!

HA HA HA HA.. i did not even notice he was in the background.. Looks like you have a project of your own from your avatar pic..
man i was laughin when i saw him back there....and actually steve i got tired of coming on the x and seeing all these guys build there skis real fast while i sit my fat a$$ on my computer and blame my work that i have no time to do my ski so i decided $#!t with it and started to fu.k it up lol ...paint,turf,footholds,shorten pole etc ....so i jumped on the wagon...but im not gonna make a thread but maybe i will on my square if i keep it! all these squares are coming out nice!

Attachments

• 100_4914.jpg
    100_4914.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 2012-01-10 16.56.03.jpg
    2012-01-10 16.56.03.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5330.jpg
    IMG_5330.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
ok so how do you get the rn waterbox to fit with the limited chamber with out kinking the elbo piece too bad? i just cracked my stock waterbox and want to through a cheap metal one in so i was looking at getting a rn waterbox but last time i tried it i could not get it to fit with out a gnarly kink

Top Bottom