Super Jet Steve's first Ski Builld (SN Superjet 701)

Hello everyone,
I am new to the jetski world. I have been looking for a ski for a while since all my friends bought ski's a couple years ago but finally found a deal i could not resist. I picked up a 92 sn superjet hull with all parts coming from a 95 sn superjet 701. I picked up everything for $600. The motor was a stock 701 with a B-pipe, and a brand new black AC pole. I was missing some little parts but i have managed to gather just about everything i needed from either ebay or other XH20 members. So going into the build, since I know nothing about jetskis I am lucky i have Jared Ajlouny living just a couple housed down to help me out. Since it is my first ski I kinda want to go all out, I have been getting idea from some other members build as have seen some awesome modifications to some square noses on here. First off I hope to be riding both flatwater and surf. So i plan on modifying the Hood and reinforcing the hull and adding footholds. I have been debating on also modifying the gunwales to give the ski a more updated look. I have just started this project so i will keep you informed of changes i have made as i build the ski. So far i have shaved the ribs inside the hull to reinforce the motor tray and also started to cut in the foot holds whick i purchased from Toby on XH20. As for the motor I have gone through the motor and everything looks good, I have changed out the Crank seals and added a ADA Girdled head with 35mm domes which i picked up from Jet Maniac.. Thanks for taking the time to read this and feel free to give me any feedback or advice. Thanks again.IMG_0197.jpgIMG_0198.jpgIMG_0194.jpgIMG_0193.jpgIMG_0192.jpgIMG_0190.jpgIMG_0189.jpgIMG_0188.jpgIMG_0187.jpgIMG_0191.jpg

Doin' work!!

So I have not added anything new to the thread in a while, My Fiance broke her ankle and got blood clots so i had to take care of her and give her injections twice a day. Anyway , I was able to spend some more time on the ski and wanted to post an update. Since my last post I have riveted and glassed in the foot holds as well as reinforce the nose and one side of the engine compartment of the hull.. Sorry if I am not using the correct terminology since like I said before I am new to the Jetski world. Here are some recent pics of the progress.
2011-11-08_21-14-02_6.jpgIMG_0207.jpgIMG_0206.jpgIMG_0205.jpgIMG_0204.jpgIMG_0203.jpgIMG_0202.jpg2011-11-08_21-14-20_774.jpg2011-11-08_21-14-09_299.jpgIMG_0208.jpg

No, I did not want to have to cut up the tray. I am just going to run bilge pumps for now. My plan is to learn to ride on this and once i get skilled enough maybe move to a roundnose hull or buy an aftermarket hull..

Last night on reinforcing

So I did some more work on the ski last night. It was a pain to cut out the hood liner for the hood mod I am looking to do. I have completed reinforcing the hull for the surf and all i have left now is the hood mod and get it ready for paint. I was not looking forward on doing to much work to the hood except move the air vents around so that the hood would not take on a lot of water, but I ordered a smooth nose piece for the front WaterFreak and it did not line up with the stock hood very well, so i am going to try to smooth en out the stock hood to match the lines. I do appreciate any advice or recommendations on the ski build. I am on a budget on this ski and would like the money to go into the right places. I have Jared Ajlouny helping me out with what he thinks are things i should do to the ski since i know nothing about jet skis. I am learning fast though. Here are some more pictures for the hood mod and reinforcing the hull.. Thanks for taking the time to read my posts.
IMG_0209.jpgIMG_0210.jpgIMG_0211.jpgIMG_0212.jpg

So i finally got back into town today from thanksgiving weekend and did some more work on the ski. I created a template so that i could lay down the fiberglass for the new duct system in the hood and I also cut the front lip on the ski so that it would not have such a big lip with looked ugly to me.. Plus not the lip all the way around the ski is the same size.. Sorry if my technical terms are not correct, Like I have said before I am new at this.. Here are some pics.
2011-11-23_18-52-54_968.jpgIMG_0220.jpgIMG_0219.jpgIMG_0218.jpg2011-11-23_18-56-21_745.jpg2011-11-23_18-56-14_318.jpg2011-11-23_18-55-49_82.jpg2011-11-23_18-53-43_422.jpgIMG_0222.jpgIMG_0221.jpg

Tmart

formerly superjet444
I'm really impressed with your work for this being your first ski. I agree that its impossible to pass up a complete ski for 600 bucks. Keep at it man, looking good!!!

I'm really impressed with your work for this being your first ski. I agree that its impossible to pass up a complete ski for 600 bucks. Keep at it man, looking good!!!

Thanks... Looked of a lot of build threads here on the X and got a lot of great ideas.. Also my first time working with fiberglass.. It has been going pretty smooth so far.. lol

Last edited:
Wet408rider looking good. The funny part I am thinking about is that you have never really ridden a ski before right ??? I want video of the first ride on that ski. You are a madman going through all of this. San Jose can be a cool spot any chance of you coming this way to ride ??? You came to the right place, these guys with a million dollars worth of info makes life alot easier. You will need to come up to Sacramaento this season we have some really great areas to ride with some big boats throwin big wakes.

Again nice work...

Wet408rider looking good. The funny part I am thinking about is that you have never really ridden a ski before right ??? I want video of the first ride on that ski. You are a madman going through all of this. San Jose can be a cool spot any chance of you coming this way to ride ??? You came to the right place, these guys with a million dollars worth of info makes life alot easier. You will need to come up to Sacramaento this season we have some really great areas to ride with some big boats throwin big wakes.

Again nice work...

Thanks brotha.. I have been lucky enough to have friends that let me ride there skis every once in a while, but i have probably only been on a ski about 5 times. I ride with a group of about 5 guys and I am sure that we could possibly make a trip out to Sac to ride..

Also do Windmill cove in stockton and just getting The east bay figured out a little bit. Where are you guys riding in San ho ??? I have a partner that live up the hill in boulder creek. Sounds like a great reason to come down. Do you guys any freerides or get togethers on the regular ???

Before putting this new ski together I had never even pulled the pump out myself now I have a really good relationship with my ski.
Seeing you attack that mofo so agressively is respectable for sure. What color are you going whats the story there ???
Lets Ride.

Also do Windmill cove in stockton and just getting The east bay figured out a little bit. Where are you guys riding in San ho ??? I have a partner that live up the hill in boulder creek. Sounds like a great reason to come down. Do you guys any freerides or get togethers on the regular ???

Before putting this new ski together I had never even pulled the pump out myself now I have a really good relationship with my ski.
Seeing you attack that mofo so agressively is respectable for sure. What color are you going whats the story there ???
Lets Ride.

we normally just ride some local lakes around here such as calero and Anderson. We also do a lot of trips down to Pismo beach with the Liquid militia Crew.. Though i have never ridden in the surf, I feel I have to get comfortable in the lakes and flat water first.. As far as the color, I am going to paint the whole ski Jet black and then Do a wrap since i own a vinyl graphics company.. Rep my company a bit.. I am also going to do black hydroturf in the tray with red and black turf around the ski.. So look pretty good when i am done, at least in my opinion, which is the only one the matters because i am going to be the one riding it, right.. lol. Basically the whole ski will be black and red.. i have paid attention to detail so i have a lot of accent parts also.. I figured if i am going to put a ski together i minus well make it the way i want it..

Top Bottom