sunk my brand new 2015 WDK rip...she gone

If you set them up right, you don't have to worry about it. If I rode surf all the time it would be setup much different. But since most of my riding is done at the lake, the chances of losing a ski are slim.

Yeah, but I always prepare for the worst. And being one of the lakes I ride in is 70-90 feet deep, I'd rather try and avoid the situation. Or the expense of paying someone to try and find it.

@paczowski123 yeah Ill probably have a bilge kit setup but would only be used if she was sinking or just flooded with water

If I'm riding mine are switched on 100% of the time, that way as soon as water gets inside its on its way out. Also, if I was to get separated from the ski and unable to get to the switch, or the lanyard breaks and the ski runs away, they are running as well. I'm a big prepare for the worst kinda person as mentioned.

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
If I'm riding mine are switched on 100% of the time, that way as soon as water gets inside its on its way out. Also, if I was to get separated from the ski and unable to get to the switch, or the lanyard breaks and the ski runs away, they are running as well. I'm a big prepare for the worst kinda person as mentioned.

I can tell. You're freaking people out now we are buying retrievers and bilge kits lol. Im now nervous and my lake is only 5 feet deep. But that one time i go to a deeper lake ill be nervous as poop now unless i do the bilge. Might as well epoxy a basket down at the very least so when I hit the big lakes I don't have to wrench the night before installing the bilge

I can tell. You're freaking people out now we are buying retrievers and bilge kits lol. Im now nervous and my lake is only 5 feet deep. But that one time i go to a deeper lake ill be nervous as poop now unless i do the bilge. Might as well epoxy a basket down at the very least so when I hit the big lakes I don't have to wrench the night before installing the bilge

Ha, don't let me scare you, as you've read plenty of people run their skis with nothing but a scupper. I just don't like doing that. People could also argue that bilges could fail, switches could fail, etc. but, that's also why I check it all before I ride. In that shallow of a lake, I wouldn't be worried.

5' deep lake??? Forget the ski, get a retriever for your head! :)

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
Just run a seals electronic float switch(no moving parts), they last forever and you never have to remember to turn on your pumps. Running your pumps all day puts un-needed stress on your charging system.

Ducky

Back in the game!
I've thought about putting a dab of silicon and mashing these to wherever I want in the hull. Take my scupper out and throw a bunch of these in there. Make something to where they can't clog the scupper. Put some in the hood so I have a floating hood. I think about this stuff on long drives.

http://www.amazon.com/Pillows-Gallons-Cushioning-Packaging-prefilled/dp/B00KO3F6H0/ref=pd_sim_229_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=41ofqYyPBfL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1GZF3J8NS6R7426RA982

But then you show up to ride....and none of that matters anymore when you are throwing down multi-flips!

cookn

Kamikaze
It's gonna be a tough go, sorry to say. A fellow rider here lost a brawler in similar conditions, and never found it. He spent about a year with a side scan sonar and couldn't come up with anything. Bad vis and a current are a divers worst night mare. I did a few dives for him and it was more then impossible to see anything. I have never experienced that kind of black with my eyes open. Your best bet would be to get someone with really high end sonar and mark a few points you think it may be, then get a few divers to run a grid to see if they run into anything

Retrievers only work if you have them on your ski. Unfortunately most riders never see the need until they sink their ski. For under $75 you can insure that if you ever get in a bad situation, whether you ski is sinking, or it stops running due to a mechanical malfunction and could sink, simply deploy the Retriever and get help. The 100' of line floats, the Retriever floats, and your ski sinks, you will be able to find it without any trouble. The tensile strength of the rope is not high enough to pull it back up to the surface, however its designed to locate your ski and bring it to the surface or shore by other means. I have sunk and lost a ski and it sucks. I was fortunate enough to find it with a helicopter but, the lake was crystal clear after the storm had passed. Currently we are out of stock of Retrivers but if the interest is there, I can order another batch. I wish @norcalcasey the best of luck locating his ski! Some words of advice would be, do not waste your time or money with side scanning sonar, you will be hard pressed to find your ski. I had opportunity to use a $250k side scanning sonar system used by the local sheriff and they drove over the ski 3-4 times and it never showed up on the screen. Divers, couldn't find anything because the water was still cloudy, and it was hard to see from a boat because of diffraction and deflection of the water. Best bet is if the water does clear up and its calm, get in the air, whether it be a drone or heli. If anyone is interested in a Retriever please post in the thread, or message my Free Form Factory account. Best of luck!

Top Bottom