Super trick billet ski stand

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
been thinking about it. Even more so now that I have the B1.

Seeing the other thread and especially seeing Steve's cool stand convinced me I need to build something nice for mine.

Does anyone use trick stands in their garage or is the wood and/or PVC deal the way it is done, what does the job, or that is all that is available anymore?

Would anyone be interested in one, and what would you be happy paying for it?
$100? 500? 1000? Name, logo, ski brand, or model, cut into it?

It would be interesting to know, might influence me into deciding how much time to spend in the machine.

I would guess wheels are mandatory, what are the other must haves?

Brian

Last edited:

chad

I pretty much love beer
Site Supporter
I use a hospital gurney , and the up and down factor is nice, if your turfing you could have it up higher , motor work , have it lower .

maybe use hydraulics??

wsuwrhr

I use a hospital gurney , and the up and down factor is nice, if your turfing you could have it up higher , motor work , have it lower .

maybe use hydraulics??

Good idea,

I was condsidering the lift aspect, but I figured noone would want to pay for the complexity.

What is a good all around height?

Brian

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
Here are a few I have made, this one is from aluminum

BeachStands017.jpg

BeachStands014.jpg

Timbosskistand005.jpg

Aluminum shop stand on wheels.
cleanski006.jpg

skistand001.jpg

gprstand002.jpg

superjetstand2.jpg

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

Nice carts.

The tubular one(with wheels) is what mine is sitting on right now, but it belongs to DASA.

For the runners, aluminum tubing with some PVC split and popped on? Or square tubing with a Teflon strip bolted on?

So many ideas popping around.

Brian

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
oh.. the other thing with the material i was using is that you can modify it easy, higher, lower, also it utlises a t-slot so you can add accessories on with t-nuts easily

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
wheels are the killer, the ones i used were expensive, but high qulity, hence why i was looking at offering them without, the ends of the profile can be tapped m12 so it is easy to bolt on wheels or can use the tslot to use wheels with plates...

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
there are even some profiles that can be used so it could be adjusted on the fly, but be more expensive

thing is its never as cheap as doing pvc

i thought there would have been alot more interest

these profile are one of the products i sell in my job, but i could purhase them from the company at a reasonable price, a lot lower than any joe on the street could get it for

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
lol I "aquired" a hotel luggage bench thing one time at a race and used it. hahaha it eventually broke cause it was weak but it was hilarious.

An adjustable stand would be really cool. How about incorporating the gurney technology so that when you roll it to the truck, the legs and wheels fold under and then back out when you unload it....

I think racers might be interested in having their logo or numbers etched into a stand to add some bling to there area when they are staging or chillin on the beach...

just my 2cents...

I personally don't see there being a market for an expensive setup. Just my personal opinion.

If you could make a trick one and sell it for a couple hundred, there may be a market...but when people can make one on the cheap out of PVC or wood that will last years...I don't see them dropping a ton on a Billet one(although im sure it would look VERY trick)

Just my personal opinion. Im cheap when it comes to stuff like that though.

x2 ...what he said... especially if it is just gonna sit in the garage anyway.

How bout fabbin some trick billet parts for the actual ski instead? Probably more of a market for bling that people can show off!

Last edited:
Top Bottom