Custom/Hybrid superfreak build !!!!!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Im confused as to how these are -4.3 inches. What is .3 inches? Does it stand for Dale Earnhardt edition?

Not getting off topic just curious if the measurement is that exact or if there is a reason behind it.

It's the length of the bottom deck from the firewall backwards, as compared to a Superjet.

Here's the details.....

2011 Superfreak Badass Pro -4,3 all Carbon FW hull 55 lbs and Full Carbon hood

Dropping my old setup XS771 in this, dual 46's, MSD enhancer , factory Pipe, 3 gal tank.

Here are a few PICS before of my sj before I remove the engine and some riding pics also…..
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I will start sanding my superfreak with 2000 grid getting ready for polish...

View attachment 153922View attachment 153921View attachment 153920View attachment 153919View attachment 153918View attachment 153917

loved your paint job, if you are planing to sell your sj hull please send me PM, by the way im from DXB

Wow that looks great ! I have not had luck trying to polish that finish. What did you use ? It almost looks better if not better that a clear coat . You may want to use a good UV wax so it won't get chalky in the sun .

Wow that looks great ! I have not had luck trying to polish that finish. What did you us ? It almost looks better if not better that a clear coat . You may want to use a good UV wax so it won't get chalky in the sun .

Thanks man, I use (1000, 1500, 2000) grid sandpaper thin polishing compound ….
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
I attached I pic of what I use...

IMG_0418.jpg

Today I get some progress, I finish shimming the pump and engine, I get handle pole installed …
Few days in my ski will be ready to flip :brap:
IMG_0479.jpgIMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

Make sure to grind the stainless steel portion 2mm on the pump ring ( don't touch the sealing lip ) also check wear ring and stator portion of the pump they may need a slight grind to clear the pump box .

Well it’s been awhile since I updated my build....

I take it for a test ride, I have cavitation problem with my setup … <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I will double check the pump seal today, I think there is an air leek ….<o:p></o:p>

IMG_0501.jpgIMG_0506.jpgIMG_0509.jpgIMG_0510.jpg

Remember you need to go up one to two prop sizes minimum , to make the current prop work try moving it back towards the stator veins ( no Washer ) no stubby tail cone, an aggressive intake grate , all will help. Make sure when you fit the pump to the wear ring it's a smooth transition (drum sander on a drill), silicone the wear ring, pump seal and pump shoe together and smooth out the excess with an ice cube or soapy finger , This is the most critical area of the ski for hook up. Your motor is going to feel 100-200cc larger and so the best is to prop for it along with the other tricks, just keep it on the down low. BRAP

So far it is the best ski I ever ride it handles batter thin my sj, that wide try help u to balance and u can slide it easily …
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Before I bay my freak I ride almost all flat-water halls (Q8-Lenzi-Bun-XFT-Rickter fs1-watercraft) And I was confused what to bay until I try ICEMAN superfreak , this ski is so fun to ride .It’s so stable like heavy ski but it’s so light …I placed my order next day and I’m very happy with my choice...
In high speed it hock-up batter, I can feel like I have 800+cc under the hood praap

I’m so excited to flip this thing <o:p></o:p>

Last edited:
I have a worx intake grate and I shimmed the front of it down about 1/4". I also did a little grinding on the grate so the water would flow without any sharp edges to hit. I also used silicone between the pump and pump shoe to make that transition smooth. Mine hooks up great!
Glad you like the ski.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Thanks for the shimming tip. I checked mine and it seemed to be too far up. I shimmed it down quite a bit and siliconed the front. The front of the ride plate also needed to come down a bit for a smooth transition. Can't wait to try it out. Also turfed the nose finally.

Top Bottom