Superfreak cooling lines.

just joe

Site Supporter
Anytime Don, thank you for your ideas!

All buttoned up now, better than new.

595be9afda348fee603d8aa6cf7c03d9.jpg

To replace or not to replace.........Found Beau's old thread here. I have my freak all torn apart right now and am debating whether or not to replace the lines. I have almost ZERO leaks. I pull my drains once or twice a year and get a few dribbles. They are original lines from 2011 though......
Ski has only seen salt a few times.

Just debating if I should replace them while it's apart or keep running it until they fail..........

To replace or not to replace.........Found Beau's old thread here. I have my freak all torn apart right now and am debating whether or not to replace the lines. I have almost ZERO leaks. I pull my drains once or twice a year and get a few dribbles. They are original lines from 2011 though......

Just debating if I should replace them while it's apart or keep running it until they fail..........
Mine are still doing the job after same time frame in exclusive saltwater riding with a carbon hull. I plan to just wait for an issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201214-093610_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201214-093610_Facebook.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 19

Big Kahuna

Administrator

1608050700310.png1608050787039.pngThis is what I found on my old freak when I bought it....... Waterlines weirdly were ok, trim tube, not so ok, Swapped out for Stainless on all of them.

long beach local

long beach local
I drilled from the pump area with a long drill bit thru the bend of the curved tube and continued drilling thru the bulkhead in a new location if that makes sense. Only half of the new 3/8 stainless tube is in the old tube on the right. The tube on the left is straight thru .. This was actually pretty easy to do and is still working fine today. I have resealed all the areas inside engine compartment and pump area and an ounce or 2 of water still gets in the tray area and needs to be drained.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I drilled from the pump area with a long drill bit thru the bend of the curved tube and continued drilling thru the bulkhead in a new location if that makes sense. Only half of the new 3/8 stainless tube is in the old tube on the right. The tube on the left is straight thru .. This was actually pretty easy to do and is still working fine today. I have resealed all the areas inside engine compartment and pump area and an ounce or 2 of water still gets in the tray area and needs to be drained.
Even after doing all the work I did, my hull leaked water in. I sealed everything from both sides. Only thing left was a leak in the carbon exhaust tube!!!!!!!

long beach local

long beach local
Even after doing all the work I did, my hull leaked water in. I sealed everything from both sides. Only thing left was a leak in the carbon exhaust tube!!!!!!!
Around my exhaust tube leaked too .Leaked in a bunch of places after pressure testing, Maybe just meant to be kinda glad there is no foam to waterlog just have the routine to completely fill tray with fresh water periodically and let completely drain. I don’t think the stainless tubes will ever fail like aluminum ones did mine only lasted 1 year

long beach local

long beach local
Mine has a carbon exhaust tube that is not straight also maybe it’s leaking inside but it’s been leaking a little for a long time I don’t think it’s bad enough to tear apart.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Site Supporter

l would tell you while you have it apart to replace them.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I have. They are a jumbled mess of carbon when you cut into the tray and about impossible to repair when they leak other than cutting them out and starting over.

I replaced the rotted aluminum tubes in my circus without opening the tray. I just drilled out the ends a little bigger than the tube, fished the old piece of tubing out, bent a piece of stainless in a similar shape and fished it back through. It took a little bit of flexing the bends around to get the shape right and it took a minute to fish it through the holes. The I just epoxied it in place.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Site Supporter
@Freakrider When l did mine exhaust (badass hull) l just cut some aluminum tubing with a couple soft angles (keep it flowing) in it and had it welded back up.G-body had the right idea.l believe it will work.

“This is the way” a Tem built Circus exhaust was done.This one should never rot.

Top Bottom