Super Jet Superjet graphic wraps

BrightE's

Paul
phone093_zps8696a113.jpg
its all off now, because i got a lowered hood and a/m pole, but some guy went in with some comic book and sat down with the guy and had all this drawn up and placed out. if you waled around the ski you could read the "comic book" in order.
That's sick. Did the vinyl shop already have a Superjet template for cutting the pieces out or did they just learn it as they went? Figure if they new the template already they could ensure the correct orientation of all the art pieces respective to the ground (or at least the bond line).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
from what i understand, they took a picture of a superjet, and put it in some photoshop type program, took the comic book, and placed it out the way they wanted with measurements of the ski, and printed it on some fancy printer. if that makes any sense. im a one crazy color and one crazy turf color kind of guy. another reason i took it off is this ski is at my folks' lake house and it has A LOT of vulgar scenery/language on it and the family is usually there. if you notice, the wrap is also around the bilge fitting. its kinda hard to spot

trash_status

SUPPEERRRRR Jeetttten !!!
Here are some photos from my 650sx i carbon fiber wrapped , 60"x40" sheet at pepboys = $50 , Couple of tall boys = $15 , the look on my girls face from me and brother doing this project = priceless

but no joke $50 and 2 hours of time 1 heat gun , its def a 10' er but it was cool change , lasted all summer
pepboys also has flat/matt black , gray/silver , and i think white.
before
Skifront.jpg

after
Carbonwrap.jpg

JT_Freeride

John Tetenes @Jtetenes
Here are some photos from my 650sx i carbon fiber wrapped , 60"x40" sheet at pepboys = $50 , Couple of tall boys = $15 , the look on my girls face from me and brother doing this project = priceless

but no joke $50 and 2 hours of time 1 heat gun , its def a 10' er but it was cool change , lasted all summer
before
Skifront.jpg

after
Carbonwrap.jpg

I've seen that 550 before where on LI are you

swapmeet

Brotastic
I'm considering a wrap also. I've always been a fan of that comic book wrap, but the vulgar stuff wouldn't fly with my wife plus I have little kids.

How many sqft is a superjet roughly? Just looking for a rough cost. And whats it run if you install it yourself. NY is kinda a far drive for me lol
Superjets are roughly 30 to 35 sqft. but if you email pat at pklem@motooption.com he can give you all the information on pricing and it will definatly be less than the installed price. But he will get right back to you if you email him. and he will design anything from the grunge look to plain and simple everything is custom.

Im not good with paint, so Im looking a graphics package for an SN. Really with I could find a 50th anniversary Yamaha package. I like that look.
Im not a fan of overly done graphics with skulls and grim reapers, Something simple is nice, not much available though.
Exotic signs has a 50th anniversary package for the SN.

Here's the link for their "kit console". Just choose Gen1 SJ & go to kit 21.
http://www.exoticsigns.com/flash/kitconsole/default.aspx?menucolor=00FF00&linkFocus=Btn12/

Here's the graphics they just did for me. It's basically the OEM 08-09/Wamilton Silver Edition, but I had them change a few things to customize it a little.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 206
Exotic signs has a 50th anniversary package for the SN.

Here's the link for their "kit console". Just choose Gen1 SJ & go to kit 21.
http://www.exoticsigns.com/flash/kitconsole/default.aspx?menucolor=00FF00&linkFocus=Btn12/

Here's the graphics they just did for me. It's basically the OEM 08-09/Wamilton Silver Edition, but I had them change a few things to customize it a little.

Thats a great link to that website. Awesome designs and decent prices. How's the quality of the wraps?

before

after

All season? Lasted 8 minutes of riding in the canal HAhaha remember your reg numbers flying off?

About that AMR wrap, is it like automotive vinyl that thin and flexible or like motocross MX stuff thats super thick and not too pliable?

JT_Freeride

John Tetenes @Jtetenes
The AMR is really thick it's like armor I believe it's a 26mil vinyl. It does peal off.

Edit it doesn't peal off

Last edited:
Top Bottom