Super Jet Superjet graphic wraps

Thats a great link to that website. Awesome designs and decent prices. How's the quality of the wraps?
Yeah, their kit console is a great tool. Their site got hacked a couple years back & they just recently got the console back up. All their stuff is top notch. I'll warn you though, if you start having them customize designs instead of going with an off-the-shelf package, the design cost can add up pretty quick. I almost fell over when they sent me the quote for my SJ, but they bent over backwards to give me what I wanted at a lower cost. Instead of using the material they usually do for skis, they used the stuff they use for full wraps because it's easier to work with. That way they were able to give me a better price on the install. You have to look real close to tell the difference, but the wrap vinyl has a slight texture to it so it's not quite as glossy. They did the 50th anniversary graphics on my GPR 3 years ago & it looks as good now as the day it was installed.

BTW, before I get blasted for posting a couch pic on a stand-up forum, I'll just apologize now. At least it's a 2-smoker...LOL

Attachments

• IMG_6799.jpg
    IMG_6799.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 233

BrightE's

Paul
So how much coverage does the AMR kit have over the hull? Some of the kits I've seen around are just panels and don't appear to cover every in of the ski above the bondline

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, their kit console is a great tool. Their site got hacked a couple years back & they just recently got the console back up. All their stuff is top notch. I'll warn you though, if you start having them customize designs instead of going with an off-the-shelf package, the design cost can add up pretty quick. I almost fell over when they sent me the quote for my SJ, but they bent over backwards to give me what I wanted at a lower cost. Instead of using the material they usually do for skis, they used the stuff they use for full wraps because it's easier to work with. That way they were able to give me a better price on the install. You have to look real close to tell the difference, but the wrap vinyl has a slight texture to it so it's not quite as glossy. They did the 50th anniversary graphics on my GPR 3 years ago & it looks as good now as the day it was installed.

BTW, before I get blasted for posting a couch pic on a stand-up forum, I'll just apologize now. At least it's a 2-smoker...LOL

Hey that ski looks sick who cares if its a couch, I got a GPR with a kit from them as well and it looks awesome and the finish is perfect. Would defiantly use it again.
399144_10150651926656673_920687392_n.jpg

So how much coverage does the AMR kit have over the hull? Some of the kits I've seen around are just panels and don't appear to cover every in of the ski above the bondline

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The AMR kit leaves seams so if you wanted to wrap say a white ski black you would need to paint it. If you look at the dirtsons ski you can see we painted it black before adding the graphics, you may be able to get away with it but the fit and finish was better this way.........

Hey that ski looks sick who cares if its a couch, I got a GPR with a kit from them as well and it looks awesome and the finish is perfect. Would defiantly use it again.

The AMR kit leaves seams so if you wanted to wrap say a white ski black you would need to paint it. If you look at the dirtsons ski you can see we painted it black before adding the graphics, you may be able to get away with it but the fit and finish was better this way.........
I know that GPR! That's Andy's old ski isn't it? You've got yourself one of the cleanest & most meticulously built GPR's I've ever seen. Very nice!

vwking

Banned
I ended up buy the hood and nose piece from that superjet that has comic book wrap on it for a project and let me say its fuuny as hell to look at and its also very detailed. Anyways i have talk to ski pimp and other graphic shop and the one i found to be best is this company called Blown Concepts. (imop) They have been making custom graphic wraps for the winter X-games, LeMans, Baja 1000, Road racing and AMA Supercross. They use a 6mil thick vinyl and a 12mil thick clear coated laminate were other company's use 2mil 4mil and 6mil. Check these guys out before you make your final choice on were to buy. http://blownconcepts.com/home.htm

I have a 93 Square nose superjet that i wanted custom wrap made for and blown concepts quoted me $500 to design and print.

You can get SJ wraps from Exotic signs. They are in Palm Beach and actually in the same building as Leg Drag. The owner of Exotic used to race stand ups. All you have to do is call them up with the year of your ski and the hood type and and they have everythign patterned out. It is also great as he is a stand up guy.

HIs FB page is here

https://www.facebook.com/PWCGraphicKits

I am pretty sure that he sells a lot of kits on Ebay. Get in touch and let him know what you want. Great guy. You can probably also go through Kevin at LegDrag

You can get SJ wraps from Exotic signs. They are in Palm Beach and actually in the same building as Leg Drag. The owner of Exotic used to race stand ups. All you have to do is call them up with the year of your ski and the hood type and and they have everythign patterned out. It is also great as he is a stand up guy.

HIs FB page is here

https://www.facebook.com/PWCGraphicKits

I am pretty sure that he sells a lot of kits on Ebay. Get in touch and let him know what you want. Great guy. You can probably also go through Kevin at LegDrag

I talked to exotic a few weeks ago and they said they were planning on coming out with full pattern wraps but they didnt know when they would be out. Are you saying they have them out now?

I do not know if they have them out now or not, just know that they do it. Sorry for the confusion, I didnt realize that you wnated a full wrap.

No worries, I talked the exotic today and it looks like they have a couple designs that they're tossing around and hopefully they'll be making full wraps soon. I still haven't found a wrap that I like though

How long does it take to install? Can one person do it?

JT_Freeride

John Tetenes @Jtetenes
It took me a about a hour. You can do it by yourself but its easier with 2 people. You also need a heat gun to stretch the vinyl.

Top Bottom