Votes: 30 30.6%
  • Flatwater

Votes: 39 39.8%
  • Both 50/50

Votes: 29 29.6%

• Total voters

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
I'm not better than anyone else. I was funny to watch my first time out too. it's funny to watch anyone not used to a beach break.

here is my first time out ever on a SJ. I had only been on a superjet a couple of times before this vid so it's extra aweful. thanks to idok for letting me break my surf cherry on his ski.

YouTube - floundering in daytona - 2005

There is something special about watching people getting killed in 1' white wash the fist time.

Dude, thanks for posting that. Seriously. Half the vids that get posted on here I sit and watch and say "Damn, I am never gonna be any good at this"

After seeing that, and comparing it to some newer pics of you(I think from last year's Daytona Freeride) I see that I have a chance. So you went from this vid to BFing in Daytona...Nice!!

Thanks Tim. That took some nuggets to post that.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
riding out of an inlet won't get you ready for a surf break. ask tom21, he was telling me about all the tricks he was going to do at daytona his first time there. I told him good luck getting off the beach.

riding out of an inlet won't get you ready for a surf break. ask tom21, he was telling me about all the tricks he was going to do at daytona his first time there. I told him good luck getting off the beach.

Yeah i know but it is convenient for me bc its 5 mins from my house on the water. and the surf near boynton beach inlet is normally pretty good. I'm still a NOOB to the sport. I'm always down for a road trip to daytona! :arms: get some lesson maybe

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
Dude, thanks for posting that. Seriously. Half the vids that get posted on here I sit and watch and say "Damn, I am never gonna be any good at this"

After seeing that, and comparing it to some newer pics of you(I think from last year's Daytona Freeride) I see that I have a chance. So you went from this vid to BFing in Daytona...Nice!!

Thanks Tim. That took some nuggets to post that.
everyone is new at some point. it think it's funny. I've got some of my real early BR attempts a couple of weeks after I bought my own SJ on youtube. They're funny too, I couldn't even turn yet. haha.

YouTube - Wavemon Bloopers

on Ollie's ski I tried turning on my knees then roll... :261:
YouTube - Wavedemon

Last edited:
Tim,you are the man for posting that first vid,I got a good laugh outa that one.no one is exempt from first day beach breaks,in really bad shore break it still stresses me out,I avoid it if possible to this day

Top Bottom