surf stance

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
totally.... and it's friday... i don't do much work on friday... or any day that ends in Y.
:banghead:

that reminds me...

NICK, quit being a slacker and POST A LITTLE MORE! I don't have what it takes to be the #1 poster, I'll choke under the pressure. :biggthumpup:

Y

yamaslut

that reminds me...

NICK, quit being a slacker and POST A LITTLE MORE! I don't have what it takes to be the #1 poster, I'll choke under the pressure. :biggthumpup:

you are a f*cking whore.... you can do it :Banane01:

tubbs

X-
just finished this today:arms: :Banane01: been riding surf stance since i got my octane its way more natural cant wait to try it out tomo morning but its only going to be 3 mph winds so no surf :banghead:

Attachments

• DSC00491.jpg
    DSC00491.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 75

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
So, here's what may turn out to be a dumb question: Has anyone tried a surf-stance roll on flat water? When I picture it in my head it seems do-able, but then again in my head I'm 200lbs of lean muscle and my ski has an 8mm Lamey.... :arms:

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
Here's my take on the whole thing... There is a lot more to surf stance then just putting your feet sideways in the tray, it takes lots of time and practice to add style and get under control. Taylor, Joe, Luke, and Vince all have there own unique rolls. My biggest problem with foothold rolls is that they all look the same and there is pretty much no room to add style to make a roll your own. I just get bored watching and doing them, however you can rotate faster in the footholds.
With backflips I do think they look better in the holds, but unlike rolls you can rotate faster with a foot forward.

kingnothing3

give me fuel give me fire
So, here's what may turn out to be a dumb question: Has anyone tried a surf-stance roll on flat water? When I picture it in my head it seems do-able, but then again in my head I'm 200lbs of lean muscle and my ski has an 8mm Lamey.... :arms:

I dont think ive ever seen this done before. seems like it would be hard to get low enough to get all the way around. but then again I just started landing flatwater rolls what do I know.

P

PancakePete

Here's my take on the whole thing... There is a lot more to surf stance then just putting your feet sideways in the tray, it takes lots of time and practice to add style and get under control. Taylor, Joe, Luke, and Vince all have there own unique rolls. My biggest problem with foothold rolls is that they all look the same and there is pretty much no room to add style to make a roll your own. I just get bored watching and doing them, however you can rotate faster in the footholds.
With backflips I do think they look better in the holds, but unlike rolls you can rotate faster with a foot forward.

Nice... My whole thing is looking at pics at how people angle them in the tray...
Ex.
My snowboard is set to 0 degrees from board... so perpendicular from rails.
and when I surf, I do the same... so I am wondering what the best angle is... I guess I just mountem' up and try it out.... I just want to expand on what I am doing now... It will be cool, to be able to ride flatwater, surf, and surf .. surfstance... and learn on all 3... be cool to have all the different angles help the others and so forth ! :biggthumpup:

Y

yamaslut

Nice... My whole thing is looking at pics at how people angle them in the tray...
Ex.
and when I surf, I do the same... so I am wondering what the best angle is... I guess I just mountem' up and try it out.... I just want to expand on what I am doing now... It will be cool, to be able to ride flatwater, surf, and surf .. surfstance... and learn on all 3... be cool to have all the different angles help the others and so forth ! :biggthumpup:

hell yeah.... except for the flatwater part :biggrin:

joe b

depth tester
Ex.

Snow,skate,surfboard I stand at 0 degree. I set my straps that way first and found that on my ski, w/ my sholders twisted to hold the bars, I'd stand with my front foot at @ 40-60 degree angle. Tried straps in a few places but I like to move around & they were a compromise. I have'nt had a strap since getting my highroller hold.

guiness92

▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
:tomato:

normal_IMG_9994.jpg

jerry-br-fss-web.jpg

It's no contest.....picture one is severely lacking in style.

I still completely disagree. I wasnt tryin to start an argument over it just stating my opinion. Style is in the rider no his stance. These pics have the same ammount of style IMO <-- remember that, it is important. only difference between the 2 is the stance.

This is what I consider style

The way he is leaning into the roll and making it seem like he is controlling the ski and not the other way around, thats what I consider style.

Again this is just my opinion on the topic and not meant to be anything other than that. And yes I suck at surf riding and cant do either lol.

I should have mentioned this is just my opinion on rolls, not bf and re-entries and stuff. Re-entries definately need the surf stance, backflips look sweet no matter what stance. and surf riding of course needs the surf stance.

Last edited:

cambo au

TRYING TO LEARN
i installed a front strap over christmas and wish i had of done it ages ago they are awsome realy good for re entrys

Attachments

• foot strap 8 (Small).JPG
    foot strap 8 (Small).JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 62

Eric78

X
When 24-7 was Chris Maros's shop; weren't they going to offer the front foothold? I wonder if the new 24-7 is going to make it. I wouldn't mind having one.

Y

yamaslut

When 24-7 was Chris Maros's shop; weren't they going to offer the front foothold? I wonder if the new 24-7 is going to make it. I wouldn't mind having one.

he scrapped the idea from what I understand... Highroller started making them and now CG Racing sells them...

Top Bottom