Custom/Hybrid Surfjetlouie memorial build

P

PancakePete

It's been awhile since the last update. Yamasaki's Cylinder head is here. Sweet! We're just about ready to have the motor built!

I'm in the process of installing a Pancake Pete Front Foothold. The Mad Caker donated this very nicely made part. I ordered one for myself, too. Can't wait to get on the water with it. I'll post pics of the install once it's done.

im over here with louies widow, dany, and just wondering what the status is....

Cool !

and ya... hows it going.

err, didnt mean to sound like an azz.... i was helping her ebay jetski stuff, organizing storage and she asked about it and i thought id ask.

btw, dont be creeped out when you see surfjetlouies ebay auctions starting. its just dany trying to pay the bills with whatever jetski stuff is left.....

so, any updated pics? :woot:

Last edited:

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. Still working on the ski as time permits. Things have been slow, though. Many parts are still needed, and I'm at a point where I'm either dumping money on parts (a pole setup, drivshaft, prop, hood, turf, pipe, flywheel, tank, paint), or ebaying all the parts to raise money for the cause. I'd hate to do that, though.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Hey guys, just saw this come to the top. The build is still in progress, and stalled due to lack of support. Lots of promised parts never showed, and I'm going to complete it on my own schedule and dime (both permitting). So far the top deck is on the donor SN bottom (which I ended up supplying), and there's a lot of work to do and parts to aquire. I'd love to get this thing done and sold so that a nice check can go to a college fund for Louie's daughter.

That is a shame to be saying that you did not get enough parts. I know I sent you well over $600.00 worth of parts and paid to ship them to you, of some I know you could have sold to buy other parts that you may have needed.
Shortly after this all got started, I was told you where over whelmed with parts. I do not like to think on the neg. side, but this whole idea is starting to smell like a scam to me.
BTW how do you think you are going to get the rest of the parts when you do not have anything to show for what you got now? Do you really think anybody is going to send you parts now, with this sort of stalling going on?

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
All my offers were ultimately denied or fell through the cracks.
A lot of parts "fell through the cracks". I supplied the SN donor hull because your hull never arrived. I was even willing to drive 8hrs to pick the hull up from your friend's relative, but it never got there, either. Once I told you I'd used my hull you said you'd send the footholds, and they never arrived. The only part I refused was a SN nosepiece, because we're building a RN.

All the parts that arrived have been kept in boxes in my office, so that they never get mixed in with my own personal parts. All the members here that sent parts are stars in my book. Especially Jetskihaven, who sent a huge box of parts. There are a few items that are duplicates, or don't fit the needs of the build. When the time is right, they can be used to either acquire needed parts, or add to the donation.

I haven't given up on this, but it's hard to get much done on a ski that has no donor hull, hood, pole, grate, motor mounts, tank, steering and throttle cables, prop, midshaft, turf, etc. You get the picture. As I've had time and could afford it, I've been getting the parts that are needed. Spent over $250 so far, above and beyond the topdeck and hull.

Top Bottom