Surfriding surfriders......how many of us are there..

Cannibal

Tasty Human
^^^

Not that my idea was fool proof. But I hardly consider something with the displacement of a children's squirt gun a"fixed fire extinguishing system"

Depends on the size of the fire....lol. Ok, maybe two primers are needed. :cool:

so where is the largest group of surfriders,how big is your group in your area? We have had about 20 wavejunkies in our group riding in Va beach.

How do you define "your area"?

We get groups of 8-10 regularly on Grayland Beach, but 20 is about right as well for us for regular riders, but our "group" would include people at least a few hours away as well. The guys from Seattle are about 2.5 hrs from the beach. If you included the guys from Portland that are about 3hrs away, even more, but we usually only see them for the larger gatherings and events like the Grayland Open, they usually ride the Surf Slam location as it's closer for them.

ha ha im in that group of 20 in oside and i got the ticket i feel so popular. yes the entire fire extinguisher this is stupid but for the situation one ski could have been impounded and christian young could have been in a lot more trouble since he is 15 and your supposed to be 16 to drive a jetski in california. i would totally fight this ticket but it would actually cost me more money to fight it because i have to drive all the way down to oside spend the day in court and take time off work. just not worth it for me.

geez this sounds familiar,sure this ticket might be cheaper,but you keep rolling over and you can expect more if you ride there regularly. you comply on one thing and they surly find another to ticket you for until they keep you from coming back...this is their goal..kick there ass in court now on principle alone for now and you likely will not be harassed any further with nonsense like this..

sounds like cali has a pretty good size group of riders,it a huge state but you guys may have more than any other state

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
I'm in the Grayland riders group with Cannibal.... Most that ride out there, other than the 4 or 5 of us locals, drive a minimum of 90 min to get there... I watch MagicSeaweed a lot when planning surf rides. It gets Maytag like quite often...

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I see many bitching about getting tickets for not having a fire extinguisher. Guess what. You got what you deserved. The extinguisher is not for you. It is for the old man in his fishing boat who's fuel line split and started a fire.
Honestly you might as well go full speed through the no wake zones as well and cause your wakes to bang people's boats against their piers.
Jeez.

Poizen

Mical
Site Supporter
reading all the chit you guys go thru with the bacon makes me glad i live in south africa

we dont have anyone telling us what to do at the lakes or in the sea

worst we get is from the bass boaters for making a small wake in the wake zone because their boats sit so low in the water it sometimes gets wet...go figure

I also ride grayland (washington coast). Seems like we have it easy compared to some of you. I've never seen or heard of anyone getting their ski checked for anything at our riding spot. Only thing that's ever come up for me is driving too close to the clam beds to pick up a ski.
Authorities just drive on by and wave, sometimes stop for a visit.
State Parks have been great to deal with for permiting the Grayland Open also.

Top Bottom