SX/SXi/SXi Pro SXI Pro Pole

Diceman

Bigger..Better..Faster
Anyone know where I can get a better spring setup for the handlepole? I am also looking for the piece that holds the pin to hold the pole up, it broke. Anyone help me out on this?

by better setup up do u mean more tension to lighten the pole or wut? because u can get umi pole tensioners for that as for that bar that holds the pole up i dont know where to get one but i kno they are prone to breaking i have 2 750's and 2 of my buddies ride 750's i think only 1 has that bar left we all made little plastic wedges the same shape of the hole and keepem inside the ski somewhere usually wen u want the handlepole up u have the hood off anyway right

Diceman

Bigger..Better..Faster
Yep, exactly, THe spring is weak, and the pole pretty much just collapses down onto the hood if you release it, and it'll hit pretty good. Any idea who sells the pole tensioner?

by better setup up do u mean more tension to lighten the pole or wut? because u can get umi pole tensioners for that as for that bar that holds the pole up i dont know where to get one but i kno they are prone to breaking i have 2 750's and 2 of my buddies ride 750's i think only 1 has that bar left we all made little plastic wedges the same shape of the hole and keepem inside the ski somewhere usually wen u want the handlepole up u have the hood off anyway right

The pole spring tensioner is all you need. I have a PJS one (and a spare one in my garage if I can find it). Basically all it does is prop up the bottom of the spring by about an inch. I actually shoved a 1/3" piece of material between the pole spring and the tensioner and my handle pole levitates about 2 inches over the hood now :).

Look on ebay... you can get them for ~15 bucks +/-.

The '92 and later 750 sx/sxi/sxi-pro tensioner should fit.

I've also seen people make their own tensioner with a chunk-o plastic, etc.

i have the pole holder thing , its new. twenty bucks. i think i might have a home made spring tenchener also you could have with pole holder. i can look later see if still in box

tom21

havin fun
u need the spring too, that one is a little tired.

new stock is about 60 bucks. which may be enough to hold the pole for a while without the spacer deal.

the broken bracket deal is 113 plus the pin and dowel. that you live with or get used.

u need the spring too, that one is a little tired.

new stock is about 60 bucks. which may be enough to hold the pole for a while without the spacer deal.

the broken bracket deal is 113 plus the pin and dowel. that you live with or get used.

wow my twenty bucks thing is way low

Dude not to flame but you don't need a new spring. The springs are what they are and don't wear out in this application... they just need a boost, even when brand new.

My ski is pretty well used, is 13 years old, and my pole spring is strong like bull!

nokfir

Dude not to flame but you don't need a new spring. The springs are what they are and don't wear out in this application... they just need a boost, even when brand new.

My ski is pretty well used, is 13 years old, and my pole spring is strong like bull!

i agreee

So just found this. Does any one have any pics of their home made spring tensioner thingy.... My pole has never felt that heavy but it drops like a brick. So figured this would help.

So mine broke off and is missing the rod???
93Kawisaki750sx013.jpg

I'm thinking of just jamming a thick bent piece of metal in there. I think if this broke once, it will break again.

Top Bottom