SXR Sxr handlepole Cracking

I took my stocker off before it had a chance to crack and sold it! Friend cnc'd this bad boy out of a solid piece of aluminum. Not as light as most aluminum poles but I doubt it will ever break!image.jpgimage.jpg

Not sure on the weight, it's definitely heavier than my friends twin tube pole. Here's some more pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 71
So, after less than a year of having my handle pole replaced under warranty. I have cracks again on the new pole in the same place. The cheapest option for me now is to try and repair it. Does anyone know what type of glass it is(smc...?) and what materials would be the best to use? I have a small amount of time working with fiberglass so I'm not a complete newb. Thanks in advance.

Here are some pics. Similar to to first time. Have no idea why this keeps happening. I would not mind another oem pole as long as it is red if someone has one

sent from my awesome Samsung tablet

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377358622757.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377358622757.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 47
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377358637064.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377358637064.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 46

StillStand'n

I'll quit before I sit
The sad thing is these polls have been cracking in the same spot since 92'!! My 96 SX-i cracked in that spot so I replaced it with a AC aluminium poll painted black in 98'. When I bought my 03' SX-R I took the AC off the SX-i and put in on the SXR and if fit and looks like its always been there.

I know that didnt help you but any poll form 1992 will fit... I bet some folks are giving them away

Top Bottom