Super Jet takin the "square" out of the square nose

mr.fixitman760

if it aint broke, dont fix it
finally decided its time for a shortened/lightened hull, picked up a beat 650SJ from a friend for $300, made it run for the rest of the warm part of the season. 3 hours in the garage and i had it down to an empty hull, ive gotten this far already, should have the back cut by or during the weekend.
0909121845.jpg0914122015a.jpg0914122015c.jpg0914122017.jpg0914122015b.jpg0917121944.jpg0917121945.jpg0918121654a.jpg0918121915.jpg0918121916.jpg

mr.fixitman760

actually it was pretty well toasted lol had to put a battery in, clean carb, swap out the main muffler and water jacket, and use my old stock pole cause the other one was snapped then "fixed" haha, plus the intake grate was gone and rideplate was broke so i used ones i had but did manage to get it running for less than $100 :Banane09:

Always dig the square build, whether its just a resto, or a full on build. Any reason you didnt cut the whole tray out? Are you able to get to all the foam the way you have it? Im about to do one of my skis, and want to gut the entire thing, and reinforce, and am trying to plans my cuts accordingly. Whats the plan for the nose?

iangdesign

Cats, lots of cats!
Sub'd for this one too!

I am starting a fixed steer square this winter. I wanna try and drop as much weight and shorten as I can on it as well.

mr.fixitman760

Always dig the square build, whether its just a resto, or a full on build. Any reason you didnt cut the whole tray out? Are you able to get to all the foam the way you have it? Im about to do one of my skis, and want to gut the entire thing, and reinforce, and am trying to plans my cuts accordingly. Whats the plan for the nose?
there really isnt much more foam under the tray besides what i managed to reach plus after i install fooholds the tray sides are being cut and shapped so i can access the rest of the foam before molding the tray and im cutting the lower back corners of the hull clean off so i should be able to reach in and get most of that out too

mr.fixitman760

well i just hit a brick wall with the foam :squint: need to cut it in some akward ways to get it to fit how i want so i can stack it... still got foam to dig and need to order glass cloth and resin

mr.fixitman760

finally got somewhere with the foam, need to get some tools to shape it with though, doin the bottom half first, gonna build up some glass once its shaped then take out the bottom foam and shape the top
0924121809.jpg0924121809a.jpg

Top Bottom