Custom/Hybrid Tanman's Carbon XFR

motoman96

Banned
The rrp rear tank holds 9 liters. I run a sj tank up front and the rrp tank in the rear. Fill from the front tank, rear tank feeds the carbs and draws from the front tank. Helps distribute the weight nicely. Not sure on if it'll fit other hulls tho.

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
The rrp rear tank holds 9 liters. I run a sj tank up front and the rrp tank in the rear. Fill from the front tank, rear tank feeds the carbs and draws from the front tank. Helps distribute the weight nicely. Not sure on if it'll fit other hulls tho.

Thanks for the info and that is a great way to go for an all around rider, I wanted to do that as well but with my power factor pipe a stock tank wont fit. This ski is also going to be strictly for a freestyle maybe very small surf riding. so the small bulk head tank should suit me nicely

kind of surprised no one has done a tank in the gunwall areas, foam on bottm and tank on top, with a cross over or something. too much weight at the rear maybe?

nice ski.. when is she looking to get wet. (insert innuendo here)

I have seen gunwall tanks mentioned on a thread on here before, somebody did them on like a 1300 SXR build or something similar, because they literally did not have space for a conventional tank given the size of the engine and exhaust

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Got my pump shoe glued in today! Its all starting to come together, parts will all be coming together within this next week. hopefully riding soon!
396701_10151064059170399_277382399_n.jpg

Great hull, use the shorter OEM size couplers (not longer Rickter couplers) or your PF pipe may hit the front of the hull, for competition you want that motor back as far as possible anyway.

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Great hull, use the shorter OEM size couplers (not longer Rickter couplers) or your PF pipe may hit the front of the hull, for competition you want that motor back as far as possible anyway.

Thanks for the advice, yes I have short Cold-Fusion couplers, but will be using the RRP spacers, due too the full carbon hull and rear RRP tank the weight will already seem far back. I think this will be a good happy medium of wieght displacement

iangdesign

Cats, lots of cats!

That is an awesome idea. You may be able to fit a kart tank in the middle of the PF pipe.

Ski clinic in antioch ca. built a sxr with a ultra 150 motor in it and they put the tanks in the gunwalls with a crossover, it was super clean!!

kind of surprised no one has done a tank in the gunwall areas, foam on bottm and tank on top, with a cross over or something. too much weight at the rear maybe?

nice ski.. when is she looking to get wet. (insert innuendo here)

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
New Novi Dual 48 limited edition black carbs thanks to Thrust Innovations!!
This thing is getting close! just waiting for a few more key parts and ill have more pics soon!
558414_10151086145135399_1728310653_n.jpg306779_10151081359060399_2105130468_n.jpg

HydroWarfare

MMXii
Sounds like a great set up. I just had Michael Ratti doing some big tricks on my Rickter a couple days ago and i was so happy to see what potential my ski has. I am running a xmetal 865 on first bore 190 psi with pump gas. Now that Mike has ridden my machine and told me what to change I am looking forward to my new set up. I had a 140mm Skat set back pump and if I didnt have a freestyle tournament this weekend I was thinking of ordering the 148 let me know what you think of it. I am gonna put a 144 Solas in today and see what kind of difference it makes. I may jump up to an 1100 or 1200 engine over the winter but I am sure you will love the Rickter and sounds like you have an excellent setup. Best of luck

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Thanks Hydro! I have ridden the Dasa 885 with Skat Mag 148 and it makes a huge difference. I would flip that set up where the same hull with 950 dasa but stock pump I could barely flip it and stuffed the nose most of the time. I will certainly go over all the details of how this set up feels. Right now I am awaiting several parts still. I had my ignition wired into the RRP box by Mark Baxter at Power Factor Products and that will be back here monday, I am also awaiting my trim system, and a few custom parts from Rickter in Thailand. I am also awaiting a bunch of small OEM stuff. and now I have run into a problem, my driveshaft is almost 1/2" too long. Thanks to Cold-Fusion I am having a custom spacer plate made to move the midshaft forward enough to make up the difference and get the pump seated properly to the pump shoe. It was quite the headache to understand what was holding me up but with lots of measurements and talking to some awesome friends and supporters of mine, TC Freeride and Cold-Fusion, we sorted out what is wrong and can fix it. So hurry up and wait!!
but in the mean time I had to go do some mock up!!

486156_10151088343060399_2031225724_n.jpg

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
my driveshaft is 1/2 inch too long. It is not the hull, not the splines or midshaft. it is a driveshaft length issue. But it is being fixed and it will all be good

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Well I got my VP C12 race gas today, the MSD ignition is timed to 30' and motor is ready to rock. I also used a kawi bilge switch for my ignition power switch and mounted it onto my billet RRP pole. motor should go in tomoro evening if i get one more part!
376202_10151098944640399_1708407359_n.jpg422342_10151099368645399_724588751_n.jpg558354_10151099369360399_1897157062_n.jpg

Top Bottom