Surfriding Tanner "Tanman" Thomas' new surf ski

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
So I will be doing a build thread here for the ski we are building through cash and part donations for Tanner's new ski. I will update this as much as possible, but it's going to be a few month project as we obtain parts and funding.

To start, we purchased a 2001 RN hull, in Mint condition, today with the funds we received through Paypal donations to: tannerskifund@comcast.net Thank you very much for those and we are hoping for more!

The first stop for it is Taylor Curtis' for a full T.C. Freeride surf reinforcement job, scupper install, and RRP foothold install. Then it will be headed north to me for safe keeping until we acquire a lowered hood and nose piece. Once we get that, it will head further north to Daylite's for a Signature Daylite paint job, before returning back to my shop to fully assemble as parts appear.

This is the plan for now. I'll keep this alive for all to see.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Last edited:

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
So Tanner is spending his week between World Finals and the JK Pismo Rager Freeride helping Taylor Curtis reinforce his new hull, install the XMetal Scupper donated by Fast Elements, and install the RRP Foot Holds that we received at cost from TC Freeride.. Here are a couple pics I have gotten from Tanner showing them working and itching..

A1 Tannerhull2.jpgA1 Tannerhull.jpg

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Hey guys, I just wanted to get on here and give everyone the update on the progress and the plan. First off I would like to thanks Casey, Steve, Dan, my parents and everyone who has donated to get me this hull and get me back in line to be on the water as soon as possible. It was a real low blow for me to lose this ski that Daylight and so many others had just put so much time and energy into. I have learned a lot and am starting over with a new ski as you know. I have been working with Taylor all week on this hull and we have put together some good plans for this ski. I was fortunate enough to use my gold ol' Alaska annual dividend check and worked enough to make it down to world finals in Havasu. There I was fortunate enough to put together some deals for the new ski. I now have an RRP pole from RRP, a scupper from Fast Elements, all the plans of a Dasa 850 power valve motor with Kyle and Brian of Dasa and much more. Taylor has offered to assemble this ski after paint at his shop here in Morro Bay CA. With all the experience of Taylor with these engines and skis and his location I feel it will work out good to have Taylor do the assembly after paint.
Thus far in the build we have installed the RRP adjustable footholds, re-inforced the nose, crown and sides and am in the process of cutting 3 inches off the back and finishing the scupper. I am very excited with the canvas that was been purchased for us to build on. It is an awesome superjet hull. Blowsion will be laying up a solid surf hood.

I am headed back to AK on tuesday and will be back to work. I am in the process of selling my 09' snowmobile to have money for this ski and plan on investing all of my income into the build. This is so that I can put together the best ski possible. There are a few key parts that if I can locate in decent condition it will save me that much more money. There are other parts where it will be worth it to buy all new and make this thing an amazing ski. I have a whole winter to put it together and want it done that much better than the last one, which will be tough to do with how much love was into it. But I think we are on the right track and this thing will turn out world class. I just wanted to get on here are let everyone who has helped me so much to get back on my feet, know what the plan is for this project and that I sincerely appreciate the support. This is a tough sport for me to do coming all the way from Alaska every year to compete and travel all over the west coast. I have been some what limited by my time in the surf and ability to ride enough before going home. I am on a mission to change all this and hit this thing harder than ever. I feel like this year got cut short for me and im coming back next year with two seasons of learning under my belt to prove what I have got. The amount of passion that I have for this sport and all my friends in it is very deep. I thank you all for everything you have and will do for me, from the bottom of my heart all you freeride boys are my family away from home and it is an honor to be on the beach with you.
Well keep this build thread going strong, for now im all itchy with Taylor. Gonna head to pismo for the weekend and limp home broke for the second time this year back to Alaska on Tuesday. Thanks for everything guys, this is the best sport in the world and I wanna show people that with my riding next year

Last edited:

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Well I got exciting news from Blowsion that they will be painting my 2012 free ride ski. So this Super Jet is gettin' Blowsionized. Taylor Curtis is almost done with the shortening of the hull. He is hoping to have it finished within a week and then hopefully I can get it shipped to Oregon. Once it is painted Taylor will get it back and hopefully I will have saved enough to get the major parts I need coming. TC Freeride is going to assemble the ski in Morro Bay CA. Here are some pics of the progress Taylor has made! Im one stoked Alaskan right now!
IMG_2650.jpgIMG_2572.jpgIMG_2559.jpgIMG_2574.jpgIMG_2551.jpg

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Hold off Jay! I think Blowsion is going to make him one... I just talked to Tanner the other night and got new info. Thanks for it, but I hate to have you send it if it won't get used now.

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Thanks Jay, and yes as of now Blowsion is gonna lay me up a Ross Champion hood kit with nose piece and Matt @ Blowsion will be doing a little love around the edges... More on that later.

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Well Taylor has the shortening project just about wrapped up. Soon I will be shipping this ski to Oregon for Blowsion to finish up the extra composites work and have Johnny get some paint on this bad boy! Im excited! Money can't come quick enough, i'm in a hurry to start buying all the big dawg parts. But its all rolling right along, ill wait for a few paychecks and spend more money. Will keep you posted as I know more! :woot:
IMG_2685.jpgIMG_2686.jpg

Yo tanner I have said it before. I am near Sacramento off of the 5. If you need a place to crash on the way through or a great meal or anything hit me up I am ready for you. Big lot plenty of room for a trailer or whatever. Sweet that it is coming together.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
He is home for the season back in the Country of Alaska, as Gomez says... Lmao! He was just sent further north this last week to work until Xmas, then he will be back in Ketchikan after that slaving away... The hull should be on its way north shortly, and I shipped the motor south to be built on Friday. It's coming together.

Tanman

Jus' keep er' pinned
Thanks Casey for the update. I just got word that my new superjet hull was uncrated at Blowsion headquarters today. Shouldn't be too long before a little Blow-love gets goin and this thing is looking dynomite! Ill post pics as I see them. Thanks for all the support

Top Bottom