Tanner Thomas aka "Tanman" and his personal freeride tour to Socal.

Damn i wouldnt know what to do, Someone needs to come up with some kind of water proof GPS and strap it inside somewhere.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I feel so bad for him! Just built that ski too!
Yea, Daylight put over 200 hours into the restoration and fresh paint, he was a bit at a loss as well. I would love to see a donation build from X members, he is down but not defeated. As of now he has 2 small scraps of foam and his RRP chinpad.

Last edited:

btmboards

Brett
Yea, Daylight put over 200 hours into the restoration and fresh paint, he was a bit at a loss as well. I would love to see a donation build from X members, he is down but not defeated. As of now he has 2 small scraps of foam and his RRP chinpad.

I'd be down, rode with him a couple times down here is Oside, real cool guy on and off the water. Few bucks here and there always helps, there are enough members here to do something good.

they do, 100% water proof. Issue is that water blocks transmission signal and if it is more than about 5 feet under, you will get nothin. Not cheap either
That is true, gotta be another way. I mean we sink time and money and i dont want the ocean to get it. I almost sank mine water was over the carb, i guess new 2 part foam worked. Maybe some kind of a beacon

Or setup a paypal account for him...

Last edited:

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Just want to share what I saw, he was competing in some really nasty big windblown crap, went for a flip prolly on a 10-12 footer and perhaps a bit late. The lip stripped him off the ski but he was still locked in just like Pancaker did a few years ago and went rag doll and flipped still in his holds. Landed a tad short and hit the water face first (I heard and thank god not the ski). He was held under for 4 waves. and when they got him in and was shaken as you might expect...then spent the next half hour or so trying to get his ski back when the incedent with the hook happened. When they saw how he was hurt, everyone understandably forgot about the ski for a few minutes and the current took it down the beach, it finally dissapeared and the rest is history. Current was running hard and the wind was about 15 knots with some big nasty pounding waves, I believe Rasper99 has the video.
300303_232988310085259_100001222754265_707760_257545685_n.jpg

Last edited:

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
I can't imagine that they can't get a crew to find that ski on a couple couches on low tide...it can't be that far from shore.
That was nasty surf in the video. It is not easy to see anything in it.

On the GPS, etc ideas: Today I was thinking of a strobe on the back corner. The back end floats up due to engine weight. It would come on when "engine not running and salt water across contacts". Automatic so you can't forget to turn it on. It should be possible to sense that it is sitting on shore with a very thin film of salt water on the contacts.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I suspect it just didn't have enough flotation to make the difference, the area has many drop offs and sand bars, and the tides were not that low the last few days. Its possible it could still wash up in the next coming days or weeks, but who knows...BTW Deftone went out on a B2 and did look up and down the beach, ended up damn nearly breaking his collarbone getting tossed.

Last edited:

btmboards

Brett
I would be completly down for setting up a paypal for it, only thing is would be i am not sure about the legal part of it. I wouldnt want to get in trouble for accepting money on someone else's behalf or something even thoihh every penny would go to him. If someone wants to shed light or suggestions on this then maybe we could do somthing.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I would be completly down for setting up a paypal for it, only thing is would be i am not sure about the legal part of it. I wouldnt want to get in trouble for accepting money on someone else's behalf or something even thoihh every penny would go to him. If someone wants to shed light or suggestions on this then maybe we could do somthing.
Looks like its done already. http://www.pwctoday.com/f76/donation-parts-hull-tanman-346550-2.html

Top Bottom